• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Board Structure

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Hrm, as my name has been thrown around (complimentary as it may be),I do have to mention upfront that I don't have time for the football aspect of CW as well as the cricket side of things with final year uni and all.

Would rather not be affiliated with any behind the scene role in CW Football due to a lack of time.

The idea Matteh and co have put to the front looks awseome, though.

:)

Agent TBY

International Captain
Just one thing, should probably scale all attributes back to values out of 20 as opposed to values out of 100. In EFM we used values out of 20 and it worked fine. The problem was that the sim didn't scale it at all. So players with a shooting skill difference of say 20 (i.e one player 40 and one 20) is the same as 0-20 on the scale out of 20 (i.e one player 20 and one 0)
This is one of the main things I'm looking at lobbying hard for. The higher the ceiling for the attributes is, the bigger the influence of skill difference.

As for the structure, it looks good. Also, it's not like I'm demanding any sort of role on the board or the selection committee, I'd be quite happy to work behind the scenes too. However, I'd take on any added responsibility gladly.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer nice work guys

i would be more than happy to put my hand up if noone else wanted to for board member or behind the scenes work.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm currently at home and have barely been online much the last 24 hours. Get back to Uni about 5:30pm tomorrow (which is where my version of ESMS is anyway) so tomorrow night i'll be back to my normal active state.

Also Goughy, i'll need a word with you on MSN at some point soon.

Mister Wright

I'm most likely going to be offline and out of contact for the next 5-6 weeks, so Alex would have to take my seat on the Board until I will be able to become more active.

Matteh

Sriram, i'll need to catch you on MSN at some point soon to discuss how it'll work etc.

Pretty sure i've got your MSN but i'm not 100% sure.

The Activity in here has been appalling since the Canned thread let's lift it to the heights of which the Academy brought it to a few weeks ago.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
TBF there is not much you can post about, most people would just be waiting to see what Mitchell's plans are.

Matteh

Basically need to speak to Sriram about how we're going to sort out the simming, then do a proper write up of the the first post in this thread outlining who is doing what and who is responsible for such and such and then it's basically ready to go.