• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nail Biting ODI Cricket Match

digiosmosis

Cricket Spectator
Which of the following was the most nail biting match?

1. South Africa vs Australia 1999 WC Semi Final
2. New Zealand vs South Africa 2015 WC Semi Final
3. South Africa vs Australia 2006 Wanderers 5th ODI
4. India vs England 2002 Natwest Trophy Final
5. West Indies vs Australia 1975 WC Final
6. India vs Pakistan Sharjah Final

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Which of the following was the most nail biting match?

2. New Zealand vs South Africa 2015 WC Semi Final
3. South Africa vs Australia 2006 Wanderers 5th ODI
4. India vs England 2002 Natwest Trophy Final
5. West Indies vs Australia 1975 WC Final
6. India vs Pakistan Sharjah Final

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
From personal experience it would have to be the 99 cwc semi. I could imagine the 1975 cwc final would have been tense, from what I know DK wanted to keep running in between the wicket at Lords as the crowd was invading the field. Must have been such pandemonium

pdsubraa

Cricket Spectator
South Africa vs Australia 2006 Wanderers 5th ODI
India vs England 2002 Natwest Trophy Final

digiosmosis

Cricket Spectator
From personal experience it would have to be the 99 cwc semi. I could imagine the 1975 cwc final would have been tense, from what I know DK wanted to keep running in between the wicket at Lords as the crowd was invading the field. Must have been such pandemonium
But while watching I felt that wanderers match was bit more tensed because in the last over of every ball couldn't be predicted what was going to happen. Ya its known that 1999 semi final is classic but before the beginning of the last over Australia was looking to pull off. After 2 balls the game came in hands of South Africa but in the end Australia took the match.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Slightly biased but the NZ vs SA 2015 WC Semifinal was by far the best game I've ever seen live or on TV. Stakes were massive, neither team having been in a final before.