• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My Thoery on the English Backs.

nibbs

International Captain
They are all *****'s.

They are all scared of tackling and being tackled. The number of them that knock the ball on because they always look up at the defender charging at them is a amazing.

Judging on the half time score ATM I doubt England can win the World Cup. Wales lead 10-3 and have had their fair share of the play, and ATM a upset could be on the cards...

GO WALES AND BOOOOOOOOOO ENGLAND...

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Hmmmmm. You obviously haven't noticed that Jonny Wilkinson is one of the hardest tacklers in world rugby. Anyway, they won. Nuff said.

It's people like you that give Antipodeans a bad name.

nibbs

International Captain
Anna said:
Hmmmmm. You obviously haven't noticed that Jonny Wilkinson is one of the hardest tacklers in world rugby.

really???

I've never seen him do anything special but kick goals and kick the ball around the field. Against the Samoans I remember him getting rid of the ball very quickly because he looked up and saw someone charging at him.

As for being a hard, hitting tackler WTF!?!?!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
lol Wilkinson one of the hardest tacklers? please...England protect him as much as NZ used to do with Mehrtens.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
lol Wilkinson one of the hardest tacklers? please...England protect him as much as NZ used to do with Mehrtens.

more.... they have to, otherwise they would lose cause they wouldn't get enough penatlies (and drop goals) through to win games ( ahh northern hempsphere rugby :rolleyes: )

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
age_master said:
more.... they have to, otherwise they would lose cause they wouldn't get enough penatlies (and drop goals) through to win games ( ahh northern hempsphere rugby :rolleyes: )
Yep, all 53 points past SA last year were off Wilknson's boot.

And since when has anyone cared how games are won. I was under the impression it was the result that counted.

Andre

International Regular
Tim said:
Yeah, but at least Wilkinson can takle.

Mehrtens was nothing more than a speed hump.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
*notes that England beat all 3 Southern Hemisphere sides last time they played them *

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Mehrtens can tackle these days, but around 1995/1996 he really was a liability in defence.

Sure Wilkinson can tackle, but next time England play you watch how many times the opposition try & direct play at Wilkinson only to see some forwards come & help him out.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I know Rugby is a team game, but a forward having to compensate for a 5/8's weakness exposes a gap in another part of the field.

NZ managed to do it with Mehrtens for awhile, but eventually the plan was found-out & the only thing that could be done about it was for Mehrtens to go away & become physically stronger.

Wilkinson is a different case because he is physically strong, but England are desperate to keep him in cotton wool...infact that type of ploy reminds me of Stacey Jones & the Warriors and to some degree it has been successful for both sides..but it won't be long before this type of defensive structure is found out.

Craig

World Traveller
Wilkinson can hold his own in defence, which he should be able to do.

Actually Jason Robinsonm and Ben Cohen are pretty good. I reckon Robinson could hold his own in a sprint race between him, Rokocoko, Mulilana, and Howlett.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I believe Rokocoko is faster than Howlett over 100m & before Rokocoko came along, Howlett was the fastest player in the world.

Cloete

International Captain
Tim said:
I believe Rokocoko is faster than Howlett over 100m & before Rokocoko came along, Howlett was the fastest player in the world.
that was also before caucau though wasn't it?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
Without the ball, speed is nothing...