• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My Test World XI Team..

satheeshv37

Cricket Spectator
G.Smith(Capt)
G.Gambhir
R.Ponting
S.Tendulkar
S.Chanderpaul
M.Hussy
K.Sangakkara(WK)
M.Johnson
Zaheer Khan
Daniel Vettori
Ishant Sharma..
:laugh: 8-) :)

pnesam07

Cricket Spectator
Smith (capt)
Gambhir
Ponting
Tendulkar
Chanderpaul
Flintoff
Sangakarra (wk)
Vetori
Lee
Steyn
Sharma

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
Think the you can make arguements over about a dozen batsmen who would be worthy, but with the paucity of world class bowling surely Murali & Mendis have to be shoe-ins for any world 11?

bryce

International Regular
I wrote down a list off 11 shoo-ins and came up with this team, and would consequentially choose to field it against any ulterior universe XI's..

1.Smith
2.Sehwag
3.Ponting
4.Tendulkar
5.Kallis
6.Chanderpaul
7.Sangakkara(wk)
8.Flintoff
9.Mendis
10.Steyn
11.Muralitharan

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
G.Smith(Capt)
G.Gambhir
R.Ponting
S.Tendulkar
S.Chanderpaul
M.Hussy
K.Sangakkara(WK)
M.Johnson
Zaheer Khan
Daniel Vettori
Ishant Sharma..
:laugh: 8-) :)
I was going to try and make an All Smilies XI in reply to this, but the forum only let's you have 10 image things per post. :(

Evermind

International Debutant
It blows my mind that people have Ishant and Zaheer in their World XI. They're nowhere near the list of the top 5 bowlers in the world in 2008.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I was going to try and make an All Smilies XI in reply to this, but the forum only let's you have 10 image things per post.
There goes my idea too...

Hang on...

1. :eek: (good eyesight needed at the top of the order)
2. :cool2: (calmness under pressure)
3. :detective (asks questions of the bowlers)
4. :dj: (an entertainer who keeps the crowd on their feet with his dashing shots)
5. :stupid: (always looking to usurp the #4 and take his rightful spot one spot up the batting order
6. :robot: (efficiency's the key at 6, with a robotic ability to turn over the strike a major advantage)
7. :blowup: (explosive all rounder)
8. :pokey: (antagonistic wicketkeeper who keeps appealing for everything, pissing off the umpires and opposing fans in the process. See: Ian Healy)
9. :wheelchai (the old county pro who bats nine and doesn't bowl)
10. Iain O'Brien
11. :surrender (aka Chris Martin)

Craig

World Traveller

Hang on...

4. :dj: (an entertainer who keeps the crowd on their feet with his dashing shots)
5. :stupid: (always looking to usurp the #4 and take his rightful spot one spot up the batting order
6. :robot: (efficiency's the key at 6, with a robotic ability to turn over the strike a major advantage)
8. :pokey: (antagonistic wicketkeeper who keeps appealing for everything, pissing off the umpires and opposing fans in the process. See: Ian Healy)
10. Iain O'Brien
hahaha

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Hang on...

10. Iain O'Brien
Was about to suggest O'Brien in response to geg and then I saw your post. Classic.

krkode

State Captain
I'd go with

Smith
Sehwag
Ponting
Tendulkar
Chanderpaul
Hussey
Dhoni
Mitchell Johnson
Ishant Sharma
Muralitharan
Steyn

Hard to keep Kallis, Pietersen and Sangakkara out, but was unavoidable, IMO.