• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My bat grip keeps slipping up!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
By the title of this thread, I was sure someone would make a dirty joke somehow. Looks like Nathan got there first :p

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Gees, where is the tact, fellas, the tact???

Seriously, my bat grip is really annoying me. Any help would be appreciated

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha I found that hilarius. Well I just pull it down little bit by little bit until it's back where it should be. After that I redo the tape and apply it extra tight and as many times as neccessary. If after that the bat grip is still above the handle then just cut it off with a Stanley Knife or something.

cameeel

International Captain
burkey_1988 said:
Gees, where is the tact, fellas, the tact???

Seriously, my bat grip is really annoying me. Any help would be appreciated
Just put some electrical tape around the grip at the base of the handle

andyc

Yeah I use some good strong electrical tape. During the season I need to reapply it every now and then

social

burkey_1988 said:
The tape doesn't really seem to work, though the tape might be dodgy
Electrical tape or elastoplast at the bottom or once it is in the correct position, roll it down about half-way and put glue on the handle before rolling it up again.

Latter works much better but means grip has to be cut off once it wears out.

jamesicus

School Boy/Girl Captain
I would rather take a beating than re-grip a bat! The only solution I have found for a "sliding up grip" is to latch on to a substantial amount of rubber at the shoulder -- rotating around the handle -- and really stretch/muscle it down as you go around -- then after the rubber is well stretched (and hopefully lower down on the bat shoulder) use rubberized finishing tape to hopefully secure it..

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
What's the best solution?
It does that invariably because of top hand dominated grips which is how it should be as far as grip on the bat goes.

Live with it and tap the top of the grip that has come 'off' with the middle of your palm a few times every now and then and dont wait for it to become a couple of inches off the handle.

If you insist on preventing it from slipping (and I assure you nothing will work perfectly) do not do what seems the obvious, that is, try and 'hold' the grip at the bottom(closer to the blade) Its much more useful to hold it at the top. Roll down the grip about six inches and then put a double sided tape on the top six inches. Then roll the grip back and press it into place.

This will work better but if and when it does slip after this, it will be much more difficult getting it back :)

King_Ponting

International Regular
try changing to an oz grip, or double grip your bat with ozgrips or something. they dont seem to slip up as much. bit pricy tho, they're like $20 each

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
King_Ponting said:
try changing to an oz grip, or double grip your bat with ozgrips or something. they dont seem to slip up as much. bit pricy tho, they're like $20 each
And their really different - I hated the one I had on my Gray Nicolls. But they'd be glued on, which was why they didn't ever slip up.