• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most promising young batsman

Who is the most promising young batsman?

• Total voters

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
The only decent one in that list is Williamson and maybe Pujara but haven't really seen much of him. Most of the rest are ****. Can't believe that hack Ukmal got so many votes. And where is Kohli?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This thread was made in September 2009, no one was listening when I was telling them Kohli was a God back then.

It is why I was forced to flood this forum with Kohli pics. Everyone eventually came around :cool:

SeamUp

International Coach
FUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Just realised that Pujara was over 20.

And missed Adrian Barath, too.
What the hell happened to Adrian Barath :laugh:

I remember his test hundred at the Gabba I think.

Unfortunate ends for Hughes and Taylor.

But Tamim, Brathwaite, Rossouw, Williamson, Kohli, Pujara hanging in there quite nicely. To think this was 7 years back.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got big hopes for him, have not seen him live yet but looked excellent a couple of weeks back in the Pro40. Struggled a bit in the four day game of late, got into the 20's quite a few times but has failed to go on. Think he is tending to be caught behind the wicket a lot and my dad said he played at a lot balls he should have been leaving when he saw him a couple of weeks ago, this is all stuff that can be worked on but I am trying not to expect too much yet.
And again....

SeamUp

International Coach
Early days obviously, but so far I've not been too impressed with Smith's batting. It'll be interesting how many chances he gets especially in the four day matches this year with NSW having a billion batting options.
How times have changed ey Nooofers

This was the original original best young batsman thread.

Umar Akmal anyone ?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This thread was made in September 2009, no one was listening when I was telling them Kohli was a God back then.

It is why I was forced to flood this forum with Kohli pics. Everyone eventually came around :cool:
I want Jono back with all the Kohli pics