• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most boring & the most Stylish Batsman

Who is most Stylish Batsman?

• Total voters

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Not for me. Chanderpaul's timing and elegance when he makes contact looks better than Hayden's bludgeoning.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
AWTA, Hayden gives that impression because he just hits it as hard as he can, whereas Chanderpaul probably times it better and gets a better connection, but doesn't actually try and hit it that hard.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
AWTA, Hayden gives that impression because he just hits it as hard as he can, whereas Chanderpaul probably times it better and gets a better connection, but doesn't actually try and hit it that hard.
You make it sound like he's a wild slogger with no talent or technique. The man isn't the walking personification of style, but by Christ he can hit a ball - not just because of a big wind up but because he can time the ball superbly too.

Last edited:

open365

International Vice-Captain
I think that could be rearranged as "You mde the point i was makin better than i made it"

PhoenixFire

International Coach
You make it sound like he's a wild slogger with no talent or technique. The man isn't the walking personification of style, but by Christ he can hit a ball - not just because of a big wind up but he can time the ball superbly.
We weren't really talking about how hard he hits it, because even I am happy to admit he hits it harder than anyone I have seen.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
You make it sound like he's a wild slogger with no talent or technique. The man isn't the walking personification of style, but by Christ he can hit a ball - not just because of a big wind up but because he can time the ball superbly too.
Nah, he's definitely got all that.

haroon510

International 12th Man
there is a big defference between a stylish batsman and exciting one..

Stylish batsman are batsmans like saeed anwar, sechan Tendulker, Ricky pointing, Brain Lara, inzi... and so on... watching them playing big innings is just a treat. they define what cricket is all about..

we have exciting batsmans like Shahid afridi, Dhoni, Symonds, Gilly... what makes people exicited to watch them is that they have the ability to turn around the game in five or sixes overs. u have that amazing moment and u see how the game is changed from how it was afew minutes ago...

Boring batsmans are usually batsman with strong defence.. they play in the backfoot often.. for bowlers they are headach to get them out.. they play their natural game and it is a big challange to get them out for the bowlers... they can pile runs in any surface and any pitches in any country... what is wrong with thier innings are that it unwatchable.. u can still watch and enjoy it when there is movments in the pitch but other than that there is nothing exciting in thier innigs to remember a year or two years later..

I voted for King ViV KP... lol although it is a close one between him and Ricky pointing..
in stylish batsman

Exciting batsman i would have to say it is Gilly then afridi then dhoni..

boring batsman.. don't get me start with Dravid and Kalis again but i wana add Attapatu's name there also..

PhoenixFire

International Coach
there is a big defference between a stylish batsman and exciting one..

Stylish batsman are batsmans like saeed anwar, sechan Tendulker, Ricky pointing, Brain Lara, inzi... and so on... watching them playing big innings is just a treat. they define what cricket is all about..

we have exciting batsmans like Shahid afridi, Dhoni, Symonds, Gilly... what makes people exicited to watch them is that they have the ability to turn around the game in five or sixes overs. u have that amazing moment and u see how the game is changed from how it was afew minutes ago...

Boring batsmans are usually batsman with strong defence.. they play in the backfoot often.. for bowlers they are headach to get them out.. they play their natural game and it is a big challange to get them out for the bowlers... they can pile runs in any surface and any pitches in any country... what is wrong with thier innings are that it unwatchable.. u can still watch and enjoy it when there is movments in the pitch but other than that there is nothing exciting in thier innigs to remember a year or two years later..

I voted for King ViV KP... lol although it is a close one between him and Ricky pointing..
in stylish batsman

Exciting batsman i would have to say it is Gilly then afridi then dhoni..

boring batsman.. don't get me start with Dravid and Kalis again but i wana add Attapatu's name there also..
That's not what is wrong, it is what is great about those players imo. There is nothing wrong with being defensive, just as long as it doesn't go OTT.

adharcric

International Coach
haroon510 said:
what is wrong with thier innings are that it unwatchable..
Last time I checked, a large majority of cricket fans here on CW enjoy watching the likes of Dravid and Kallis at the crease.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Boringness -- not the opposite of style, or of excitement, but the absence of both. Atapattu and Richardson are classically boring players. Think back foot defensive or running it to mid-on for a single.
Atapattu and Richardson are complete opposites IMO - about the only thing they've got in common is slowness of scorng.

Atapattu's a complete natural and rarely plays an ugly stroke for me, while Richardson is a tailender who found-out he could actually bat semi-decently in his mid-20s, but could not discover any style whatsoever.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That hardly registers for me, though - I don't really care how hard someone hits 'em when I judge attractiveness of stroke. You can belt the cover off the ball with all the finesse in The World (Sangakkara does sometimes, for instance), but Hayden doesn't.