• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

More SLC money problems

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India were supposed to play a full tour - three Tests, five ODIs and a Twenty20 game - in Sri Lanka but it was cut down to just three Tests in the new Futures Tour Programme. Dharmadasa then met with BCCI president N Srinivasan, after being appointed interim SLC president earlier this year, and convinced him that holding limited-overs games would be more beneficial financially to Sri Lanka.

"I am talking to the TV rights owners, Ten Sports," Dharmadasa said. "I am hopeful of raising almost US$12.5 million." He also said he was trying to arrange a fourth ODI as well. "From a revenue point of view, I would love India to tour Sri Lanka three times a year," Dharmadasa said. "Unfortunately, it is not possible. But whenever possible [we would like them to tour]."
Ugh...:(

Sri Lanka news: SLC eager to host IPL matches | Sri Lanka Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo