• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moles Resigns; NZ Coaching Situation

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
After the comments during the week, no real surprise at Moles' decision. As for Vettori officially coaching the side, IMO thats the last thing he needs on top of an ever-increasing workload in leading the side on the field.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
After the comments during the week, no real surprise at Moles' decision. As for Vettori officially coaching the side, IMO thats the last thing he needs on top of an ever-increasing workload in leading the side on the field.
Vettori - captain, selector, number 1 spinner, middle order batting saviour, god.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am sad now that it has happened for Moles. But glad as a blackcaps fan.

If other teams can attract top quality coaches we should be able to.
I guess someone posted - that NZ's players aren't as glamorous as Tendulkar or Sangakarra so that it is a problem with attracting a top coach. Maybe we can make up for it by throwing cash at the problem.

I don't think Moles will get hired again by another international team minnow or not.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't believe the lack of support given to Moles when Bracewell was given so, so much rope to hang himself twenty times over. Moles has had a tiny pool of talent to deal with after Bracewell basically cajoled some of the best, more experienced players into retirement. Total bollocks.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Mostly agree with Heath; can't think what Bracewell did to be allowed to hang around for so long - perhaps was matey enough with the other senior players and NZC. Left the (test) team so weak that Moles or anyone else would have had a hard time improving anything fast. I have little idea whether Moles was a good coach or not though.

At least can be happy that this all seems to have happened quickly and smoothly. Article comes out and a few days later he's gone. Could conceivably have dragged on for months.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At least can be happy that this all seems to have happened quickly and smoothly.
True, true. Nothing worse for a team than continual speculation over the coach and/or senior players. Making Vettori coach is a non-starter though. He's too important.

Athlai

Not Terrible
From most reports I've read, all the players like Moles as a person they just think he is an inept coach.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
At least can be happy that this all seems to have happened quickly and smoothly. Article comes out and a few days later he's gone. Could conceivably have dragged on for months.
Barely seems like yesterday he was appointed. Must be one of the shorter international coach tenures on record.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems a bit like the Peter Moores thing, with the players not thinking he's a good enough coach. Presumably they've got someone better in mind, otherwise getting rid of him could be pointless?