• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Minimum post count requirement before starting a thread

BeeGee

International Captain
Is it possible for new members to have to post 10 times or something before they can start a thread? :blink:
I agree with Monk. Can we please have a minimum post count requirement before being able to start a thread? It would help with spam prevention.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The minimum should be 40,000. Once we have that in place we can get a mod to delete enough posts to keep him below the threshold.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I agree with Monk. Can we please have a minimum post count requirement before being able to start a thread? It would help with spam prevention.
We'll see what everyone thinks but personally I don't like it because it stops someone for example coming to the forum and starting a thread to ask a question. Regarding spam prevention, if the post is reported typically it won't be long before the thread is deleted and the member banned as usually there's a mod around from somewhere every time of the day.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We'll see what everyone thinks but personally I don't like it because it stops someone for example coming to the forum and starting a thread to ask a question. Regarding spam prevention, if the post is reported typically it won't be long before the thread is deleted and the member banned as usually there's a mod around from somewhere every time of the day.
In seriousness I agree. Is it possible, though, to have it so that new threads from members with x posts have to be approved by mods before they appear? I know you can set it so all posts have to be approved for new members but that would be rubbish for a forum of this size.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If we were going to undertake this somehow (I mean, is it really that pressing an issue?), GIMH's suggestion would be the best of the lot - lets people with legitimate questions through, while blocking the spam.

Up to James and the other mods though.

However we desperately need to implement a 10 post minimum before VMs.

uvelocity

International Coach
If we were going to undertake this somehow (I mean, is it really that pressing an issue?), GIMH's suggestion would be the best of the lot - lets people with legitimate questions through, while blocking the spam.

Up to James and the other mods though.

yeah thats standard practice on other forums ive seen.

James

Cricket Web Owner
In seriousness I agree. Is it possible, though, to have it so that new threads from members with x posts have to be approved by mods before they appear? I know you can set it so all posts have to be approved for new members but that would be rubbish for a forum of this size.
I don't think it's a problem really. We're not getting loads of spam currently that is affecting the flow of normal threads. Feel free to disagree though if you feel this isn't the case.

yeah thats standard practice on other forums ive seen.
Yes, completely agree with this. I'm investigating how to do it at the moment.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't think it's a problem really. We're not getting loads of spam currently that is affecting the flow of normal threads. Feel free to disagree though if you feel this isn't the case.

Yes, completely agree with this. I'm investigating how to do it at the moment.
Nah I'm not really fussed just offering out a suggestion really. The VM thing is the only one that has irritated me previously.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
hmmm, I remember a while ago Lokomotiv starting some threads suggesting bizarre rule changes and other things which made me thing threads should only be started by people who've at least spent some time on the forums.