• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Men's Swimming

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Garry Hall Jr.?

he got fined US$5,000 for wearing that boxing robe to the pool deak in the final because it wasn't team uniform...:lol:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeh that was hall, hes arrogant, but funny at the same time, i just dont like phelps....

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Hall was the 50m free wasnt he??

Hall isnt really that bad, they had him on Roy and HG last night, he seems like a decent sort of bloke. Its Phelps who said somethnig about winning 8 gold medals which is being arrogant.

Gary Hall Jr (guy who won the 50m men) is just a showman, see through the showmanship and hes a pretty decent bloke i think. Very over the top.

Simon

yeh thats point i was making, hes a showman for sure, while phelps is all about phelps...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i dont mind Hall that much actually, when hes not competing he seems like a pretty decent bloke, quite finny too.

phelps definatley wasn't as arrogant as i thought he was before seeing alot more of him interviewed recently.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Don't get me wrong, i love GHJ. showman all the way through...i just thought his fine was funny as. He reminds me of a wrestler a little in his showmanship.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I dont think GHJ was arrogant at all, He was just upset with US swimming coaches for not considering him for Relay events. I was LMAO when I saw him in that boxing robe :lol:.

Michale Phelps is not arrogant. Arrogance was shown by those two american guys in the 100m Semifinals when they looked at each other as if saying 'You take the lead' to each other.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
Yes, seeing as he was getting the gold whether he swam or not (seems a strange rule that to me)
Phelps swam at the prelim stage. If he didn't swim there's a chance that his team may not have made the final which means he actually contributed to his team's gold medal despite not swimming in the final. It makes perfect sense.

Also, he could have finished the Olympics with more fame and glory but he gave his team mate a shot. People are so quick to assume that all Americans are arrogant, albeit most of them are.