• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

mens 4x100

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I couldn't believe it, was so negative about our chances (14-1, USA were 1-20) - I didn't even bother to stay in and watch it!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
US = Gatlin, Crawford, Greene, Williams.

No one is going to beat that. GB haven't a prayer, either, because none of the sprinters made the final. Bronze at best but even that will be tough.
I won't take any tips from you in the future. :p;)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Well, I thought we were in with a chance of second, and, after their womens' display, was hopeful of them screweing up the baton changes - but I never really expected it! :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Great Britian have done better then what they were expected to do in the track.
Not half.

When you take the last 2 Olympics, they've averaged 10 golds a time in all sports - before the lottery money started being pumped into sport, they were down to just one.

I know it's not much compared to the Aussies etc of the 'smaller' nations, but it's a start, and long may it continue.

Currently, in order to get financial backing, they have to be world-ranked in the top 10 or so - I'd like to see that extended so much more money is put into the development of sports facilities for the youth of the country.