• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Men's 200m and 100m

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I don't know if you know but two guys from my country have the best times in the 200m this year.They could surprise as they are relative unknowns.One though is injured so he's uncertain.The American dominance could come to an end too in the Olmpics as the Caribbean's got some good talent to challenge them.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
half the runners could be banned by the time athens starts if the drugs scandals continue!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Boldon's ancient by now. Doubt he could do below 10.05 or 20.15 in an Olympic race.

I'm gonna back Konstandinos Kenderis to have another form peak just around the Olympics at his home ground. Doubt there will be very good times though.

roseboy64

Boldon's almost past it now.The two guys i'm talking about have posted 9.91 and 19.93, Asafa Powell and Usain Bolt respectively.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Samuel_Vimes said:
Boldon's ancient by now. Doubt he could do below 10.05 or 20.15 in an Olympic race.

I'm gonna back Konstandinos Kenderis to have another form peak just around the Olympics at his home ground. Doubt there will be very good times though.
Boldon was running very well this year, then he got injured. He wants to do well so badly though, that could see him at least in the top 5 when all is said and done. Keep in mind that he intends to run just the 200 I believe.

Daryl Brown is the big hope though. He's very young and has already accomplished massive amounts. Hopefully he'll be back to full fitness in time to stir up some notice of T&T in the Olympics.

roseboy64

Same for Bolt.As the world leading time and the world junior record.He's injured so who knows how he may fare.Powell says he can go below 9.91(a national record) however.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Off the topic of sprinting, but George Bovell is a HUGE medal prospect. He seems to be making big headlines with every race he swims, winning most and setting world records along the way. I don't hesitate to say he's one of the region's leading medal candidates, if not the leading candidate.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
GB are in with a great shot at the medals in 100m this year. Jason Gardener, Marc Lewis-Francis & Darren Cambell all looked pretty good at the AAAs championship in Manchester yesterday.

straw

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think lewis and jason might put up a fight but i doubt they'll bring home a medal.

Darren campbell might get a bronze in the 200 but the 100 is a bit out of his reach

ash chaulk

International Captain
Look out for Patrick Johnson LOL....... Bolt seems like a good sprinters name.

anyways Rose Hows the Jamaican Bobsled Team??? anyone fall over in this years 100mqualifiers????

p.s. not a diss cool runnings is my favourite movie lol

roseboy64

I don't follow the bobsled team.Except in the Winter Olympics.Don't think they'd have much success in Athens.