• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medium pace spinners in T20 format.

Manju

Cricket Spectator
Can they be effective really then? Whether any such bowlers are there currently ?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Maheesh Theekshana is north of 95k most of the time. Rashid Khan as well. Don't see many other fast spinners though. Fast darters don't count.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I'm going to give a hot take, but IMO the only reason that limited overs spinners haven't gone extinct outside of the subcontinent is the continuing persistence of a subset of horribly unfamiliar and undisciplined bats against spin who can't or won't make some straightforward technical adjustments to play it.

You'll know these batsmen by a distinct "block or blast" approach (usually leading to both low run rate pressure, and the subsequent inevitable skied catch) and they vastly polarize and skew the figures of limited overs spinners, bringing them into the realm of viability.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm going to give a hot take, but IMO the only reason that limited overs spinners haven't gone extinct outside of the subcontinent is the continuing persistence of a subset of horribly unfamiliar and undisciplined bats against spin who can't or won't make some straightforward technical adjustments to play it.

You'll know these batsmen by a distinct "block or blast" approach (usually leading to both low run rate pressure, and the subsequent inevitable skied catch) and they vastly polarize and skew the figures of limited overs spinners, bringing them into the realm of viability.
Not sure this is entirely accurate but probably some truth to it. One thing that has baffled me for years now is how many modern batsman completely fail to read googlies out of the hand. Like they don't even try and just play it off the pitch. Eg. Babar last game.

Manju

Cricket Spectator

You'll know these batsmen by a distinct "block or blast" approach (usually leading to both low run rate pressure, and the subsequent inevitable skied catch) and they
vastly polarize and skew the figures of limited overs spinners, bringing them into the realm of viability.

Interesting perception bro. Totally agree. Dont mistake me for not giving a lengthy reply. Iam just a beginner and observer who tries to understand this complex game.

Manju

Cricket Spectator
Not sure this is entirely accurate but probably some truth to it. One thing that has baffled me for years now is how many modern batsman completely fail to read googlies out of the hand. Like they don't even try and just play it off the pitch. Eg. Babar last game.
Even Indian batsmen for that case

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Even Indian batsmen for that case
Same with Sri Lankans too. There was a time when Ranatunga reading the googlies of Qadar and Mushtaq, and square driving googlies pitching on or just outside off with no fuss.