• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mediations Break Down In West Indies

shivfan

Banned
The WICB has gone ahead and taken disciplinary action against the players, who in turn are taking legal advice....

Fight, fight, fight!
:cool:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Right now, quite frankly, I'm more interested in following Caribbean athletics than West Indian cricket....

And I know quite a few WI fans who feel the same way I do right now.
Pure hogwash, of note.. If you check your facts, rather than blathering on behind whatever team you have decided to support today, you'll see that cricket survived and indeed flourished for years when there were only two test playing nations.. Don't be arrogant enough to think that cricket needs the West Indies, because it doesn't.. It doesn't need Zim, or Ban or England any more for that matter.. But for every ****up like this, cricket remains poorer..

shivfan

Banned
What's your point, Langeveldt?
8-)
If you'd taken the time to actually read my post, you'd see that I was saying the following:

1) A lot of WI fans are so turned off by the machinations of the WICB that they won't be watching the CT.

2) Quite a few Caribbean cricket fans have decided to watch the athletics season instead.

Roseboy is also a member of caribbeancricket.com, and he can verify this....

I'm not saying this is a permanent state of affairs. When Hunte finally backtracks from his reidiculous position, fans will start to come back to Caribbean cricket.

shivfan

Banned
Yeah, I'm sure Cricket Australia has put pressure on the WICB to ensure that a proper team is sent Down Under....

That said, it depends on whether the big guns play in the domestic ODI tournament this autumn....

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Pure hogwash, of note.. If you check your facts, rather than blathering on behind whatever team you have decided to support today, you'll see that cricket survived and indeed flourished for years when there were only two test playing nations.. Don't be arrogant enough to think that cricket needs the West Indies, because it doesn't.. It doesn't need Zim, or Ban or England any more for that matter.. But for every ****up like this, cricket remains poorer..
What the hell? Where on earth has anyone suggested that cricket can't survive without the West Indies? It is understandable that diehard West Indies fans are not watching as avidly as they would if we had our best cricketers playing.

This does not mean we expect all cricket fans to suddenly give up on their sport because our team is not at its best for political reasons. What a needlessly aggressive post......

shivfan

Banned
After the thrashing WI received at the hands of SA in the warmup, I can't see this team doing well in the CT....
:unsure:
So, more pressure on the WICB to sort this out.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
There's a September 30 deadline for the WICB to get the best players on retainer or they lose out on more money.