• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medal Tally

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Well, that's better.

A few more bronzes and silvers - however there ought to be a gold here as Bettina Hoy should be disqualified. *Sulk*
I know-that is DISCRACEFUL

Craig

World Traveller
thewizard1o1 said:
Time Trial as in bike riding?
Yes.

You go flat out for the entire course on an aerodynamic bike. That and the mountain climbs are the two things I like when I watch it. The flat stuf for the sprinters puts me to sleep :yawn:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thewizard1o1 said:
Oh by far....the mountain stuff is great TV...Why wasn't Vinakorov(sp?) at this years TDF? :S
they said during the time trial he was injured didnt they???

i recall he went very well at the 2003 TDF too.....

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Woohoo we got a cycling gold aswell, well done Chris Hoy...and Bradley Wiggins (quality name) is in the final guarenteed atleast a silver

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
I was dissapointed to see Shaun Kelly miss out but when the froggie was in first i was glad to see your boy knock him over.

McGee just put in a good time in what ever the hell the event he was doing was....

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah tis Wiggins vs Mcgee in the final of the individual pursuit

we also have another guy in the Bronze medal race off, Rob Hayles

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Yeah, finals in a couple of days time?

What was up with that Spanish dude? must have thought it was only 2km not 4 :S

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Grant Hackett from Australia just won gold in the 1500m Mens reestyle. It was an amazing race, Jensen the American took it right to him, and credit to David Davies from England who swam a PB in an amazing time for 3rd.

Awsome race, one of the best 1500's i've seen easilly.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well we now have six golds, 2 in cycling, 2 in sailing a rowing one and now the horse people gave us one.

Paula runs tommorrow aswell

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Bradley Wiggins beats Brad McGee into the ground in the Pursuit final :)

And the cheating Germans get disqualified in the three-day events. Lovely.

Six-Six-Six in the medal tables now... Aussies, you're in our sights. Nearly.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Womens 4x100 Medaly relay, won by Australia in world record time, America second Germany third. Great Britain - Disqualified :P

Petria Thomas was amazing, took the Aussies from behind by a fair margin to in front coming into the final leg. Congrats to them.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Womens 4x100 IM realay, won by Australia in world record time, America second Germany third. England - Disqualified :P

Petria Thomas was amazing, took the Aussies from behind by a fair margin to in front coming into the final leg. Congrats to them.
England - not actually in the games, you muppet.