• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Matt the bat now Matt the great

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hayden has COMFORTABLY played in better conditions for batters than Bradman ever did. I am even amazed that I have to explain these things. And Ponting and Gilly don't open. Ponting has had injury stuff and Gilly will get almost no overs to bat against attacks like the Windies, Bangladesh and Zim etc... Heck, even India's attack is rather poor away from home.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hayden has COMFORTABLY played in better conditions for batters than Bradman ever did. I am even amazed that I have to explain these things.
Actually, Bradman himself said, aside from when pitches got wet, pitches were far better for batting in his day.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nope, I meant the fact that they have better bats, better protective equipment, no rest days for bowlers, shorter boundaries etc. etc... Conditions have changed a lot since the 70s and 80s and even a good part of the 90s when batting and scoring big runs was always valuable. I have never seen as many cheap centuries being made in the 90s as it is being done today... Plus, Hayden hasn't faced a really good attack yet, apart from Indian spinners in India and in that 2001 series when he batted almost perfectly, Kumble was absent. HIs recent series in India wasn't THAT good, was it? And he got out to Kumble a few times there. Hayden doesn't even come close to Lara, Sachin, Ponting, Dravid or Kallis for me.... This inspite of Ponting's ordinary record against India in India.