• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marshall vs Steyn (ODIs)

Better ODI Bowler?

• Malcolm Marshall

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Dale Steyn

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I think Rashid is the real deal, not a minnow bashing fraud at all. Definite potential to join the ATGs, I just hope he gets to play a lot of cricket against everyone.
He's around 20 years old. So he'll end up with enough matches even if Afghanistan doesn't play too many every year.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Yeah I think Rashid is the real deal, not a minnow bashing fraud at all. Definite potential to join the ATGs, I just hope he gets to play a lot of cricket against everyone.
True. Minnow bashing is in itself not a bad thing, if you can follow with good performances against strong teams. Rashid has definitely done that and is the real deal

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure why Kuldeep is missing in this list. He has an economy rate of 4.73.
You suggested <4.5 criterion for 'great' economy. Kuldeep's economy is in 'good' range. His wicket taking ability though is in great range. Clearly >2 wpm and SR of 25 is great. Let's see if he sustains. I think he might not sustain same level of performance but I also don't think he will become as ineffective as a series of finger spinners turned out to be like Harbhajan, Ashwin and Jadeja.

h_hurricane

You suggested <4.5 criterion for 'great' economy. Kuldeep's economy is in 'good' range. His wicket taking ability though is in great range. Clearly >2 wpm and SR of 25 is great. Let's see if he sustains. I think he might not sustain same level of performance but I also don't think he will become as ineffective as a series of finger spinners turned out to be like Harbhajan, Ashwin and Jadeja.
True, but there are others in the list having economy rate around 5.0 , but Kuldeep is missing there.

h_hurricane

I think he is missing because the criteria is 2000 balls ( a good criteria by the way). Kuldeep has not yet bowled 2000 balls but has already taken 67 wickets :)