• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Ramprakash 100 hundreds

BoyBrumby

Englishman
How many innings did Ramps take to move from 99 to 100 tons? Must be over a dozen.

Anyway, fair play to Mr Ramprakash, great achievement & possibly the last man to make it, ever? Discuss...

masterblaster

International Captain
A fantastic achievement by Mark Ramprakash. Absolute legend who should've played many more test matches for England.

Napier16

Banned
It doesn't matter, as it's lowly country cricket. No one watches, no one cares, no one notices.

it's a bit embarrassing even congratulating him on it, as he was found out and failed at the highest level.

It's like recording stats from street or back yard games.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It doesn't matter, as it's lowly country cricket. No one watches, no one cares, no one notices.

it's a bit embarrassing even congratulating him on it, as he was found out and failed at the highest level.

:yawn:

pskov

International 12th Man
Ponting has 69 centuries. If he really wanted to achieve it and set it as a target for himself he could do it no question in my opinion. Another 2-3 years of test cricket, then a couple of seasons playing both state cricket and county cricket. Of course he'll probably do a McGrath and retire from all cricket when he stops playing tests rather than hanging around.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Langer could do it if he plays till 40...

Hayden conceivably too.
Think Hayden would probably need to retire from tests, myself, which I couldn't see him doing.

Langer needs 17, so yeah if he plays full English & Aussie seasons and maintains form for 2/3 years he's a chance. His current season has something of a valedictory feel to it for me tho.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ponting has 69 centuries. If he really wanted to achieve it and set it as a target for himself he could do it no question in my opinion. Another 2-3 years of test cricket, then a couple of seasons playing both state cricket and county cricket. Of course he'll probably do a McGrath and retire from all cricket when he stops playing tests rather than hanging around.
I don't think Ponting has enough left in the tank to do it. I wouldn't rule him out just yet though, because he does go on crazy hot streaks. And more immediately he does seem to love South Africa.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he scores 10 non-Test hundreds (for Guyana and whatever county sides) and he retires at 40, he would only need 45 more Test hundreds in 7 years. That's a bit more than 2 per Test series. :ph34r:

stumpski

International Captain

If you ever went to a county game (I take it you meant county, right?) you might be surprised how many do go - and care. Been to ten games already this year and know a few who've seen twice that many.

Well done Ramps, fantastic achievement whatever the naysayers think.