• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marcus North

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Good player and handy spinner. He’d be good in the current team coming in after Labu and Smith at #5 as an upgrade over Head/Wade

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't remember him copping any hate. I think he was dropped for a pre-pubescent Steve Smith (tbf I think he still is) who turned out to be horrible though.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
North was another Shaun Marsh

Highly talented but diamonds or rocks

Big nicker early but his test tons were seriously good innings

Daemon

Can't remember him copping any hate. I think he was dropped for a pre-pubescent Steve Smith (tbf I think he still is) who turned out to be horrible though.
He used to get **** for only making arse saving hundreds after a string of single digit scores

I think Australia would take any kind of hundreds these days

Burgey

He used to get **** for only making arse saving hundreds after a string of single digit scores
Dean Jones made a significant career out of doing this. And most often in dead rubbers, too. Which made it even worse.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Huge head he had. & presumably still does. Willing to bet he has Irish ancestry.

Hate to be so reductive, but "has a massive napper" is genuinely what my mental rolodex seems to have saved him under.

Bijed

International Regular

I think Australia would take any kind of hundreds these days
Yeah, I think at the time people's frustration at him doing virtually nothing in between his big scores was pretty justified and it would be fair enough today too, except as you say, many teams would quite reasonably take the view that relatively frequent big scores in amongst rubbish is better than the alternative of the occasional middling to decent score in amongst rubbish.

Had a bit of time for his bowling to tbh. Not someone you'd back to take frequent hauls, but someone you were happy to give a reasonable number of overs to if you needed. One of those part-timers who had value with the ball rather than being someone like Denly or Bopara (or Collingwood really) at test level who gets chucked the ball a fair bit because they bowl in county/other formats but really don't offer all that much

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
South Northumberland's finest and now our director of cricket. See him often out and about on the cricket scene - you still see him at South North occasionally.