• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

man of the series?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This is the only Test series in England where an overall MOTS award is given out. Who is gonna get it? Obviously it may change depending on what still happens. For me the main contenders at the minute are Strauss and Clarke. If Broad scores a few and takes some more poles to win us the game though he might end up with a case, who'd have thought it?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Strauss for me. His runs have hurt Aus way more than Clarke's have hurt England.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Strauss, unquestionably. And apart from Freddie, he was England's player of the series in the 05 Ashes as well. Really has put in some great performances where they have mattered.

kingkallis

International Coach
I prefer Stuart Broad to get the MOTS award but lets not forget that its Straussy's run which have helped England to come this close....of winning the Ashes back!

Lets say 50-50 for Straussy and Broady!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Unless we manage to arse it up it has to be Strauss. Only man to constantly stand up for us.

If Oz save (or win) the 5th it will probably be Clarke (boo, hiss, etc) although a few runs and/or poles for North and he could take it yet.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Strauss just over Clarke assuming England win this test (and therefore the series). That said if Clarke makes runs again in the second innings that might get him over the line.

Stuart Broad has been pretty average most of the series.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
As I said in the match thread it's Strauss for me as it stands - if Clarke is at the heart of a miracle win/save for Australia then I think it would swing to him.

pskov

International 12th Man
Stuart Broad has been pretty average most of the series.
17 wickets at an average of 27.82 (only Hilfenhaus has a lower average of any of the bowlers in the series) along with 222 runs and counting at an average of 31.42. Not saying I'd pick him ahead of Strauss but it's fair to say he's had a pretty good series.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
17 wickets at an average of 27.82 (only Hilfenhaus has a lower average of any of the bowlers in the series) along with 222 runs and counting at an average of 31.42. Not saying I'd pick him ahead of Strauss but it's fair to say he's had a pretty good series.
His figures are excellent, but the fact is that none of that matters. His career has been mediocre too, but that doesn't matter either. Broad single-handedly won the Ashes for England yesterday, and hence he should be MOTS without even looking at anything else for me.

Should just say though that the player I've been most impressed with is actually Ben Hilfenhaus. Failed to stand up in this game but his consistency has been ahead of every other player.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
As it stands Strauss, but if Clarke scores big this innings I'd give it to him. Don't think Broad should come into the picture really, his runs have been fairly inconsequential, and up till yesterday I'd say his so have his wickets.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Depends totally on the next two days, which is great for the series in many ways, if Broad takes another Michelle, should be him.

I would love it if it happened, haven't been in his fan-club like some (good on ya), but have thought the stick he gets is a bit silly, he clearly has talent and a good attitude. How many English players can we say that of over the last 40 years:unsure:

Son Of Coco

I'd say Strauss if England get up (which they will). Although choosing Broad would be very symbolic of how the series has been as a whole. Very, very ordinary performances at some stages with some brilliant spots in others.

I think choosing Broad as MOTS would indicate that those involved in selecting the award have short memories. He's been very good in this match and decent with the bat at times. Strauss has been a more consistent performer.

social

Broad has bowled really well on one innings, OKish in another where he was gifted wickets because he was the only Eng bowler to hit the cut surface and rubbish for the most part

By FAR the best performer has been Clarke but Strauss has really stood up for the poms so I'd give it to him when they win

Last edited: