• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Make Your Best T20 Lineup a la Jarrod Kimber

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In this article, ESPNCricinfo's Jarrod Kimber lays out his philosophy of the ideal T20 lineup. Here is a short summary:

Openers
The crusher
The delacquerer
Middle Order (including wk)
The hitters
The slow-starting quick-scorer
The finisher
Bowlers
The opening spinner
The swing-bowling wicket-taker
The quick bowler
The middle-overs spinner
The slower-ball bowler

Read the article for more info, and pick out the players who would make your best T20 lineup a la Kimber. It could be a current XI or all time XI or both.

Have at it!

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The crusher x6
The hard hitting AR x1
Starc x3
Tahir/Badree type leggie

Shri

Mr. Glass
In this article, ESPNCricinfo's Jarrod Kimber lays out his philosophy of the ideal T20 lineup. Here is a short summary:

Openers
The crusher
The delacquerer
The hitters
The slow-starting quick-scorer
The finisher
Bowlers
The opening spinner
The swing-bowling wicket-taker
The quick bowler
The middle-overs spinner
The slower-ball bowler

Read the article for more info, and pick out the players who would make your best T20 lineup a la Kimber. It could be a current XI or all time XI or both.

Have at it!
Openers
Chris Gayle
Hashim Amla
Virat Kohli
Kane Williamson
AB de Villiers
Bowlers
Sunil Narine
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
Mitchell Starc
Imran Tahir
Tymal Mills

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just picked players according to the options you mentioned. Maybe you need to lift your game up instead of being sassy.:p
:laugh:

Tbf the middle order has the category "The hitters" of which, in the article, there are supposed to be multiple of.

Also, it's probably a good idea to have an all-rounder in one of those 5 bowling options, perhaps even overlapping with the hitters.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I always find the idea of formation based teams for cricket a bit stupid. I just feel cricket, even T20 cricket, is a bit too complicated for you to categorize the players in zones like Kimber has done. His quality of writing, at least cricket writing, has gone down the drain a bit recently.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Just from Australian/BBL point of view, as haven't really gotten to watch a whole lot of other stuff recently.

1. B. Dunk [CRUSHER]
2. T. Paine DELACQUERER]+
3. C. Lynn [HITTER]
4. M. Henriques [SLOW STARTING QUICK SCORER]
5. G. Bailey [FINISHER]
6. B. Cutting [HITTER]
7. A. Turner [OPENING SPINNER]
8. P. Cummins [QUICK BOWLER]
9. J. Behrendorff SWING BOWLING WICKET TAKER
10. A. Tye [SLOWER BALL BOWLER]
11. F. Ahmed [MIDDLE OVER SPINNER

I don't back any of our keepers to do anything at 4-6 really, so Paine probably gets a gig at the top through that. Maybe Haddin, but I just don't really like him.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Oh, as in "de - lacquer - er".

I amaze myself at my own stupidity sometimes.