• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Low Ceiling Draft

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Red Hill XI

Desmond Haynes
Archie Jackson
Michael Vaughan
Lindsay Hassett
Andrew Symonds
-
Allan Knott +
Heath Streak
-
Ian Bishop
Bill Bowes

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
I hadn't timed out - it was your R10 pick.

Now we start R11
Zinzan > me > Red Hill

With Aldo and Flem with picks to catch up on

Red

Am I missing someone because I've only got 9 players going into R11?

Red

Sorry, found it.

Red Hill XI

Desmond Haynes
Archie Jackson
Michael Vaughan
Lindsay Hassett *
-
Andrew Symonds 5
Allan Knott +
Heath Streak 3
Fred Titmus 4
Ian Bishop 2
Bill Bowes 1

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quinton de Kock @ 6 rounds out my side perfectly.

Couldn't be much happier. Superb left/right opening combination. Strong batting 3-8 with Wessels, Cowdrey, Hussey, de Kock, Illingworth and Max Walker who's was handy with the bat. Solid bowling attack, with Adcock & Gouch taking the new nut, Old at 1st change & Walker as 4th seamer and the crafty spin of Illingworth.

Low Calorie XI

1. Saeed Anwar
2. Stewie Dempster
3. Kepler Wessels
4. Colin Cowdrey *
5. Mike Hussey
6. Quinton de Kock+
7. Ray Illingworth 5
8. Max Walker 4
9. Chris Old 3
10. Darren Gough 2
11. Neil Adcock 1

Teuton

International Captain
Ken Higgs

I like my team for this comp. An absolute gun opener and a strong partner, Arguably the 2 best English bats of the golden age with Ranji & Jackson in the middle order backed up by quality at 5 & 6. A top-line keeper-batsman in Marsh and then 4 genuine wicket taking bowlers averaging between 20 & 25. Willis and Harris will open supported by Higgs, and Saunders took 79 wickets in just 14 tests to be the stand out spinner in this pool of players imho. Asif Iqbal and Jackson are my 2 allrounders who can spell the leading bowlers. Bill Woodfull will captain this team.

Teutonic Knights
1. Barry Richards
2. Bill Woodfull *
3. KS Ranjitsinhji
4. Stanley Jackson
5. Colin Bland
6. Asif Iqbal
7. Rod Marsh +
8. Ryan Harris
9. Bob Willis
10. Ken Higgs
11. Jack Saunders

Teuton

International Captain
Seems we're getting a bit ragged as we finish the teams up. Red has timed out, Aldo will catch up later.

TBP > Flem > Camo

Red, Flem & Aldo have picks pending anytime

Red

Red Hill XI

Desmond Haynes
Archie Jackson
Michael Vaughan
Lindsay Hassett *
Stuart Law
Andrew Symonds 5
Allan Knott +
Heath Streak 3
Fred Titmus 4
Ian Bishop 2
Bill Bowes 1

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
The Battlers

1. Roy Fredericks
2. Bruce Mitchell
3. KS Duleepsinhji
4. Phil Mead
5. RS Modi
6. Angelo Mathews
7. Bernard Bosanquet
8. Ian Healy
9. Damien Fleming
10. Peter Heine
11. Jim Smith

Some players that I've really enjoyed watching or reading about, and for that Im fairly proud of this side.

Teuton

International Captain
Status at R11:

101. Zinzan - complete
102. Teuton - complete
103. Red Hill - complete
104. AldoRaine18 - needs 4 players anytime
105. The Battlers Prince - complete
106. Flem274* - needs 2 players anytime
107. Camo999 - complete
108. anil1405 - complete
109. J_C - complete
110. morgieb - needs last player

Last edited:

Camo999

State 12th Man
Bert Oldfield

WG Grace 7
CJL Rogers
RB Richardson
RA Smith
*WW Armstrong 5
BL D'Oliveira 6
JM Gregory 1
LN Constantine 2
+WAS Oldfield
M Morkel 4
WA Johnston 3

Five legendary all-rounders: Grace, Armstrong, D'Oliveira, Gregory and Constantine in the same XI is the feature. As a result there are 7 excellent bowling options with plenty of variety, serious batting down to no 9 and with a relentless captain in Armstrong this looks an exciting team.

anil1405

International Captain
Lee Irvine to keep wickets for my side

1. Trevor Goddard (4)
2. Jimmy Cook
3. Dilip Vengsarkar
4. Damien Martyn
5. Hansie Cronje* (6)
6. Simon Katich
7. Lee Irvine+
8. Amar Singh (2)
9. Ray Lindwall (1)
10. Colin Croft (3)
11. Jack Iverson (5)

Solid openers, strong middle order with fireworks to come from Lee Irvine & batting all the way down to no.9.

4 great frontline pacers in Lindwall, Amar Singh, Croft & Goddard who provide all kinds of variations. One top quality and a very effective spinner in Lee Irvine.

Last edited:

anil1405

International Captain
Thanks to Teuton for organizing this unique draft.

I say unique because everyone appears to be happy with their respective teams, which is not necessarily the case in other drafts.

J_C

U19 Captain
Les Ames.

Herbie Taylor
Vijay Merchant
Clem Hill
Vijay Hazare
Misbah-ul-Haq (c)
Ajinkya Rahane
Les Ames +
Ian Johnson / 4
Sylvester Clarke / 2
Joel Garner / 1
Wayne Daniel / 3

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Mike Atherton *
2. Alec Stewart
3. Alvin Kallicharan
4. Norm O'Neill
5. Maurice Leyland
6. Andrew Flintoff (3)
7. Mike Procter (1)
8. Don Tallon +
9. Brett Lee (2)
10. Graham Dilley (4)
11. Dilip Doshi (5)

Pretty happy with that. Solid opening pairing with a lot of experience opening together, strong middle order with a lot of batting depth, and a classy 5 pronged attack with some pace and variety.

Teuton

International Captain
So 8 of 10 are done now - Flem and Aldo can complete their teams whenever they log on. Thanks to everyone for participating, I am glad to hear people have enjoyed it as i did.

I probably have to set a cut-off sometime to allow a vote. If we don't hear from them I guess I can either just the put the complete teams up for voting, someone else can finish off, or else I can just admin in any remaining picks in good faith.

As participants please let me know if you have a preference. Hopefully the other 2 are able to finish the job if their personal circumstances allow though.

I'll set the deadline as 4 days from now - then I'll start the vote (if I can work out how to)

Teuton

International Captain
Also thanks to those who posted the lists of selected players at times. I was mostly doing it on my phone so was going to be a hassle for me.

Teuton

International Captain
Last call: If anyone not in the draft wants to complete Aldo or flem's for a combined entry then post the remaining picks ( time was up ages ago so no waiting). Just post the final XI here. The vote will start tomorrow if I get the time.

Last edited: