• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Loss matches that you can’t get over or don’t have fond memories!!

Moss

International Vice-Captain
West Indies getting hammered by Australia 5-0 in 2000/01 was predictable yet just so sad to see. I quite liked Jimmy Adams and thought he might be the guy to get things back on track, but he couldn't buy a trick in the field (good luck I suppose when your attack is an ageing Walsh, Marlon Black,Dillion, McLean, Colin Stuart and who have you) and with the bat was close to useless. Possibly the most one-sided series I've seen between two top eight teams and as someone who'd started watching when the Windies were still a force, was gutting.

As for what came earlier between the two sides. I suppose those Australian fans old enough might include the Adelaide and Perth tests against the Windies in 1992/93. Of course Australia had turned the tables by 1995 but Border coming that close and not achieving a series win against the Windies must have been a great "what-if" at the time.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This inspired me to have a look, I had almost managed to forget about the 'teesra.' England were so bad, it really is up there with the worst ever.

17/18 ashes was deeply depressing, not as humiliating as the previous one but at least there was some theatre with Johnson, 17/18 was just crushing in the dullest way possible.
I remember very little about the 17/18 ashes beyond Smith batting forever and Vince running himself out when a hundred was there for the taking. Kind of sums up his career, I suppose. I don't think I posted much beyond acknowledging that Smith batted quite well in the first test. It all looks rather inevitable now, and it's easily forgotten that we actually looked quite useful when beating SA at home a few months previously. I remember Faf being interviewed at the end of that series and being asked how he felt England would fare in Australia. Being a diplomatic sort, he suggested that England would do OK if conditions suited them, but otherwise Aus would win. Given that the series was going to be in Australia, he knew full well that we'd struggle to take enough wickets to be competitive, and so it proved. Not dissimilar to the series in India when we spent the whole series batting first, thinking we'd set reasonable totals and then watching India rack up 600 for 5. In the end, I was just numb to it, and I don't think I posted much in that series either.

Kirkut

International Regular
Ha ha yeah. He (Shastri) went for the low hanging fruit and suggested Hussain and England were jealous because of the IPL and the fact that they'd never been bloody no.1 one in the world. Just when India were about to surrender that ranking to umm.. England
It was also the beginning of Tendulkar's 100th 100 becoming a meme than once in a lifetime occasion.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Second ever World Cricket League Division 1. Kenya showed up as defending champions, only to go and lose every match and finish bottom of the pile.