• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Longest Over Ever.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
How long is the longest over ever? By this I mean an over that was completed in one day.

I will post the answer here later this week.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
OK. Let me make it clear.

What is the time from the start of the bowlers run up till the the end of the over. There is no rain, wickets, end of day, retirements or air raids. The bowler did not leave the ground.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Was it Wes Hall bowling an eight ball over? Maybe someone was hit in the head and stretchered off before the over was completed.

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
Don't have a clue. Wasn't there one when a ball was hit for six and landed in a train carriage carrying coal and it ended up in Wigan?

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Here is the answer:

The time it took to bowl the first ball after the begining of his runup:
Fourteen hours, eleven minutes and twenty-three seconds.

YES! 14h:11m:23s

Why? The bowler fell down an exposed manhole and became trapped, he was unhurt and then delivered his first ball, a tad late.

Masta

Cricket Spectator
Yes on subject of overs has any-one heard of the longest runs per over i read it in a statistic book.
Answer Tomorrow!! :O :O :O :O