• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Limited Top 6 Draft

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'll play, but you need some criteria around who's an all rounder etc.

ataraxia

International Coach
Ok, we'll kick this off now. As a reminder the rules (with a few changes to clear things up) are that players eligible are:

• an Australian test player who has played the majority of his test matches as a opening batsman.
  • a Pakistani test player whose dominant role in tests has been as a batsman from 3 to 6. To be eligible, they may not have played the majority of their tests as an opening batsman or as a wicketkeeper, and must have their batting be better than their bowling.
  • a English test player who is an all-rounder in tests. An all-rounder is defined as someone with a batting average of over 26 and a bowling average of under 34 – with more than 1 wicket per test match taken.
  • a South African test player who has played the majority of his test matches as a wicketkeeper.
  • a West Indian test player whose dominant roles in tests has been as a fast bowler or medium-pacer. To be eligible, their bowling must be better than their batting; Sobers and Gomez are ineligible.
  • an Indian test player whose dominant role in tests has been as a spinner, and has more than 1 wicket per match.
  • Any test player from Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Ireland, or Afghanistan.
  • Anyone who has not played test cricket.
A test cricketer's country of nationality is to be determined by the country that they played the most test cricket for. In the event of a tie, that cricketer is eligible of either team. You are not restricted to one of each category or anything like that.

We will do 11 rounds at 6 hours per pick, but 24 hours for the first pick of the draft and 12 hours for the second pick.

R1:

1. jimmy101 –
2. morgieb –
3. AndyZaltzHair –
4. Milenko47 –
5. Teuton –
6. Michaelf7777777 –
7. kingkallis –
8. Red Hill –
9. Fuller Pilch –
10. trundler –
11. honestbharani –

R2:

1. honestbharani –
2. trundler –
3. Fuller Pilch –
4. Red Hill –
5. kingkallis –
6. Michaelf7777777 –
7. Teuton –
8. Milenko47 –
9. AndyZaltzHair –
10. morgieb –
11. jimmy101 –

Anyone can join and slot into the end of the round; they don't need to have my approval.

The draft commences now; jimmy can make his first pick.

Last edited:

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
I’d like to join - hb, would you rather I slotted in at 11 so you keep the double pick, or should I join at 12?

ataraxia

International Coach
I’d like to join - hb, would you rather I slotted in at 11 so you keep the double pick, or should I join at 12?
Sure. :)

R1:

1. morgieb – Richard Hadlee
2. AndyZaltzHair – Malcolm Marshall
3. Milenko47 – Muttiah Muralitharan
4. Teuton – Curtly Ambrose
5. Michaelf7777777 –
6. kingkallis –
7. Red Hill –
8. Fuller Pilch –
9. trundler –
10. honestbharani –