• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Liked Players

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
which players are the good guys in cricket? the ones which are good sports and are generally liked. please dont everyone say ajit agarkar

iamdavid

International Debutant
Chaminda Vaas
Adam Gilchrist
Brian Lara
Mark Waugh
are the 4 that come to mind first.

On the other hand
Michael Slater
Herschelle Gibbs
Glenn McGrath

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Stephen Fleming is advertising pretty much anything at the moment.

Recently he was in India filming some television & billboard advertisements & recently in Australia he did a Rexona ad with Ricky Ponting...I even see he's been advertising home loans in the paper.

masterblaster

International Captain
Ive always like Wasim Akram a lot, he's one of my all time idols.
I admire Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar for their hard work, determiantion and ethic.

Other liked players:

Adam Gilchrist - Great bloke, great batsman, great keeper, great everything

Javagal Srinath - The nice guy of Indian Cricket

Shane Warne - Wonderful guy, (if you meet him in person)

Ajit Agarkar - Im Vice President of his society! Nah seriously, he's a very talented cricketer and a very modest guy too.

Shoaib Akhtar - Fast, brash, ****y, arrogant, I love it!

Sanath Jaysuriya - Brilliant to watch, all the time

Darren Gough - Great bloke, great bowler

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Australia - Shane Warne, Michael Bevan,

Pakistan - Waqar Younis, Inzamam ul Haq

Sri Lanka - Sanath Jaisurya

Zimbabwe - Andy Flower

West Indies - Brian Lara

South Africa - Shaun Pollock, Lance Klusener

NZ - Nathan Astle, Chris Cairns

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Re: Re: Liked Players

FRAZ said:
LOLOL
Now expect almost 1/3 of the replies if you had not said AA thing. Liked cricketer in my view you mean who is more in the news . Then let me put it in this way . Dont just take one player if you are gonna get good voting . Because just because of one big vote bank the poll thing screws up . So let me make it Polls wise ....
1. Sachin Tendulkar (India) marks 100/100
2. Sourav Ganguly (India) marks 100/100
3. Rahul Dravid (India) marks 100/100
4. Laxman (India)marks 100/100
5 Balaji (india) marks 100/100
6. Zaheer khan marks 100/100
7. Nehra (India) marks 100/100
8. Patel (India) marks 100/100
9. Kumble (India) marks 100/100
10. Pathan (India) marks 100/100
11. AA lololololol had to say now If I am wrong put a poll on the results are gonna be the same . The vote bank (you know)
Now just get down to business and serious talk
Well Steve Waugh is the most respected personality of his times, And you know what I guess Stephen Fleming is the best personality in the world cricket today . And he is a person to be liked by every one . Even Aussies will agree that .. Right
Do you ever make any ****ing sense at all ??

shankar

International Debutant
Sachin (talent,humility,child-like enthusiasm)
Dravid
Srinath
Robin singh (gave 200% everytime)
Lara (obviously)
Gilchrist (same reason as masterblaster)
Warne(great talent and very good sport)
Bevan
Murali (gr8 talent and enthusiasm)
Akram(great to watch)
Heath Streak(gentleman cricketer)

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
I would put down my list from the people i have enjoyed watching the most.

Wasim Akram - The greatest bowler in my view, great to watch, always doing something with the ball and always playing around with the batsman.

Brian Lara - In my view one of the best left arm batsman ever produced, just brilliant and so aggressive, who has not been afraid of any bowler.

Sachin Tendulkar - One of The greatest stroke maker i have seen, when in form there is not a better timer of the ball. Its like he touches the ball and its gone.

Shoaib Akhtar - Fast and Furious, he has the ability to turn the game any minute, he is a bowler who can scare the hell out of almost any batsman when in form.

Bouncer

State Regular
I will with Waqar Younis, i think he the best behaved pakistani cricketer ever. If you forget the Symonds incident, i never saw him misbahiving with any batsman or any opponent, No Cursing which is very Non Pakistani Fast bowler like.lol....Even after he gets hit for a boundery, he would just walk up to the batsman, pull his shirt back from his chest, smile and say some thing to batsman but never a bad word.

raju

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hanse Cronje - As honest as the day is long...and he'll prove his popularity when he makes his return to international cricket.

Mark Ramprakash - A man who was always prepared to accept his limitations as a test cricketer without blaming others.

Darren Lehmann - Epitomy of a true sportsman, especially when playing non-white cricketers.

Brian MacMillan - See Darren Lehmenn.

Alan Donald - Always put playing for his country before a lucrative english county contract.

Jonty Rhodes - see Alan Donald.

Nantie Hayward - The only guy who was prepared to admit he put a lucrative english county contract before playing for his country.

Younis Ahmed - Did anyone a good turn...if the odds were right.

Phil Tufell - Despite the scurilous accusations of wife bashing he has emerged as one of the UK's loveable rascals after winning Big Brother 2.

Ian Botham - A one woman man if ever there was one. Also fully respectful of other cultures and societies.

Tony Grieg - Popular only for his loyalty to 12 diferent countries. at any given time.

Sir Tim Rice - Writer of some of the most atrocious lyrics known to man.

Langeveldt

Soutie
raju said:
Hanse Cronje - As honest as the day is long...and he'll prove his popularity when he makes his return to international cricket

Dont say stuff like that when Hansie is dead :!( :!( :!( :!(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
raju said:
Phil Tufell - Despite the scurilous accusations of wife bashing he has emerged as one of the UK's loveable rascals after winning Big Brother 2.
That's "Tufnell" and he won "I'm a celebrity get me out of here", Big Brother 2 was like last year...maybe longer!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Personally:
- Akram
- Dravid
- Laxman
- Gilly
- Sachin
- Jayasuriya
- Murali

There's something there in all of them that I like, there are other great cricketers whose attitudes I admire but the competitiveness of Murali, the concentration of Dravid, sportsmanship of Gilly etc. all appeals to me as a cricket fan.

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
Akram definitely. There's nobody more exciting to watch on the field.

Also really like Sehwag's attitude -- he's really open about who he is and how he plays.

Loved the Tendulkar of old, who lived and died by the sword.

added later -- From what little I've seen of Sanjay Manjrekar on and off the field, I really like him. In terms of commentary, I think he's one of the better Indians around. He may not be as polished as Shastri or Gavaskar, but he provides a lot more insight than their hackneyed lines.

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
Vroomfondel said:

added later -- From what little I've seen of Sanjay Manjrekar on and off the field, I really like him. In terms of commentary, I think he's one of the better Indians around. He may not be as polished as Shastri or Gavaskar, but he provides a lot more insight than their hackneyed lines.
Well said . I admire Manjrekar really . He and Vengsarkar and sunil Gawaskar are my personal favourites Indians . (My present favourites are only Dravid , Kumble and some what Tendulkar ). I remember Manjrekar making a double ton in Pakistan in Indias last test toured to Pakistan in 1989 . I dont know why Indian selectors kept on ignoring him . he is a master player . Imran Khan hardly praises any guy . In Imran's view Vivian Richards had the greatest talent and According to Imran There has'nt been any other batsman who cnan touch the class of Viv . And he has said Gawaskar is quite nice and so is Manjrekar .