• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Liked Players

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Gilly, Clarke, Lee, Hayden, Ponting and gillespie

Dravid, Tendulkar, AA and Patel

Pollock, Kaillis, Gibbs, Rhodes and Boucher

Fleming

Lara and sarwan

Akhtar and Inzi

Jayasuria, Attapattu, Sangakkara, Kalu, Murali and Dilhara

Streak, Andy Flower, Olonga, Taibu and ervine

Langeveldt

Soutie
Liked Players

1. Allan Donald
2. Daren Ganga
3. Michael Vaughan
4. Andy Blignaut
5. Ray Price
6. Neil McKenzie
7. Herschelle Gibbs
8. Jacques Rudolph

Isolator

State 12th Man
Past and present:

NZ - Astle, Bond, Vettori, Marshall, Harris, practically the whole team... and guys who've left, like Nash, Parore, Allot...

India - Nayan Mongia, Robin Singh, Jadeja, Rajesh Chauhan (chucking and all)

RSA - Klusener, Kirsten, McMillan, DeVilliers, Craig Matthews

Zimbabwe - Paul Strang, Streak

Pak - Hasan Raza, Saqlain Mushtaq

Oz - Bichel, Healy

England - Hoggard, Gough, Stewart, Jack Russell (heheheh..)

PY

International Coach
Heath Streak must be the one of the most popular guys around IMO. No-one really dislikes him and he is the epitomy of what cricket should be about.

Few other for me.

England - Vaughan, Stewart.
Australia - N/A on principle (:P)
South Africa - Boucher, Zulu and Kallis
West Indies - Lara
Pakistan - Akram
India - Tendulkar and Dravid
Zumbabwe - A. Flower, Olonga and Streak.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
PY said:
Heath Streak must be the one of the most popular guys around IMO. No-one really dislikes him and he is the epitomy of what cricket should be about.

I think he is an apologist for the Mugabe regime though.. I admire his qualities on the cricket pitch, and his patriotism.. But I dont think he should be so supportive of the powers that be in Zim...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Armadillo said:
zulu is an interesting choice as he is quite controversial.
I think he is only controversial because he was made to be by Graeme Smith's outburst.. I think hes quite a reserved guy really....

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
I think he is only controversial because he was made to be by Graeme Smith's outburst.. I think hes quite a reserved guy really....
yes but smith cant have said that for nothing

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well im sufficiently bored to do a more detailed list!

Aus - SCG MacGill, Brad Hogg, Martin Love

Eng - MP Vaughan, Andrew Caddick, GP Thorpe, PA Collingwood, NDK Knight

India - RS Dravid, J Srinath

NZ - SP Fleming, Brooke Walker, NJ Astle, G Allott, SB O'Connor, I Butler

Pak - Waqar Younis, Saqlain, Imran Farhat

RSA - Herschelle Gibbs, ND McKenzie, HH Dippenaar, AA Donald, Brett Schultz, P Symcox, JC Rudolph, Vaughn Van Jaarsveld, Grant Elliot, Gerri Liebenburg, Martin Van Jaarsveld, Andrew Hall

SL - M Attapattu, W Vaas, U Chandana

WI - Daren Ganga, Jermaine Lawson

ZIM - Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Ray Price

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Armadillo said:
yes but smith cant have said that for nothing
It's quite possible that Smith simply doesn't/didn't like Klusener for some trivial reason. Klusener doesn't seem the most inyourface of characters.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Error-spotting:

PD Collingwood
NV Knight
R Dravid
M Atapattu
... and there's only one Ray Price, afaik.

Thats pretty impressive.. Where did i get NDK from??

And Ray Price has done enough to get two of my votes, im impressed...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
I think he is an apologist for the Mugabe regime though.. I admire his qualities on the cricket pitch, and his patriotism.. But I dont think he should be so supportive of the powers that be in Zim...
Personally I think he's like just about everyone in Zimbabwe and he's quite justifiably terrified of what the Govornment could do to his family.
I don't blame him one bit for not making anything of anything. We all know what would happen if he did.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
raju said:
Hanse Cronje - As honest as the day is long...and he'll prove his popularity when he makes his return to international cricket.

Alan Donald - Always put playing for his country before a lucrative english county contract.

Jonty Rhodes - see Alan Donald.
Disgrace to cricket or not, what you say about Hansie Cronje is totally disrespectful. He had his merits, too, and no-one deserves sarcastic slander like that having lost their life in such tragic circumstances.
Any ounce of respect I may have had for you is gone.
And when did Rhodes play in Engand before last summer? Come to that, how often did Donald miss international games due to playing for Warwicks?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
Personally I think he's like just about everyone in Zimbabwe and he's quite justifiably terrified of what the Govornment could do to his family.
I don't blame him one bit for not making anything of anything. We all know what would happen if he did.

Maybe, but IMO he doesnt have to do an A.Flower, just be a little bit less supportive.. However its a fine line, maybe its one thats not worth treading anywhere near, who knows...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
Disgrace to cricket or not, what you say about Hansie Cronje is totally disrespectful. He had his merits, too, and no-one deserves sarcastic slander like that having lost their life in such tragic circumstances.
Any ounce of respect I may have had for you is gone.
And when did Rhodes play in Engand before last summer? Come to that, how often did Donald miss international games due to playing for Warwicks?

Good post, next summer I plan to be flying from the airodrome where Hansie lost his life.. And i dont need reminding of him from some uninformed guy, who with all due respect probably doesnt realize what great work he was doing in the townships before his death.. He will never get the chance to redeem himself, repay his country, or cricket, which is as big a tragedy in itself..

Craig

World Traveller
Boeta Dippenaar (he is talented, but hasnt made the most of it), Graeme SMith, Brian Lara, Ronnie Sarwan, GrahamThrope, Michael Vaughan, Darren Gough, Heath Streak, Steve Waugh, VVS Laxman, Rahul Dravid, Stephen Fleming, Daryl Tuffey are my most liked

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Armadillo said:
which players are the good guys in cricket? the ones which are good sports and are generally liked. please dont everyone say ajit agarkar
From my point of view, of all the players I've seen, and in no particular order:
Chaminda Vaas, Graeme Smith, Alec Stewart, Dominic Cork, Aravinda De Silva, Salim Elahi, Gary Kirsten, Allan Donald, Michael Bevan, Michael Slater, Darren Lehmann, Craig White, Neil Johnson, David Terbrugge, Sourav Ganguly, Javagal Srinath, Sarandeep Singh, Geoff Allott, Roger Twose, Sherwin Campbell, Curtley Ambrose, Mark Waugh, Martin Suji, Andre Nel, Shane Warne.
The like of SRT, BCL and SRW IMO go without saying - I can't understand who could find a reason for disliking them.