• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lets add one less know fact about cricket

Naheed

School Boy/Girl Captain
Chris Gayle is the only batsman to hit a six off the first ball of a Test match

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's that stat going around on ig/twitter recently where teams lose 66% of T20 matches when changes are made to the XI from the previous game.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Shahid Afridi is the only Test cricketer to obtain a 5-fer in his 1st Test (5/52 vs Aus) and a century in his 2nd Test (141 vs India)
Someone correct me if this has changed

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
8 of the top 10 too.
And each of them happened in a small period from 1997 to 2001, time when I used to watch with more investment than today and for which I have much better memory than I have for games from couple of years back. Hence it stuck. I remember being very happy that India put up these monster partnership fairly frequently.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Richard Illingworth was a good pub quiz question and answer for four years from 1991. He took a wicket with his first ball in Test Cricket and was hit for six with what looked like it would be his last ball. But then four years later he was inexplicably recalled for a handful of Tests and ruined it.