• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lehmann a retired man

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Great batsmen, i loved watching him bat. Should have played alot more test cricket IMO. Hopefully he will stick around and coach state cricket at some stage in the near future - he could also be the next national selector now that hes not playing.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Never a fan of him but was a superb bat & second to Lara IMO to the best players of spin i've seen but was unfortunate to have been in this great era of Australian cricket or else he would have played more tests.

Solid ODI career though, bowling proved more than useful on many occassions

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Could quite easily have been the New Ponting if the cookie had crumbled differently IMO.

Better batsman than the Langers, Martyns, etc. in his sleep.

bond21

Banned
lmao

more like ponting was the new lehmann, it cant be the other way around.

Anyway he just scored 130 odd not out against WA and won the match.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How could he be the new Ponting when he's half a decade older?
Was an ironic comment TBH, I get wholly sick of the the-new-X that gets bandied-about about every 3 seconds.

But yeah, I genuinely believe Lehmann could have been at least 2nd to Ponting in the post-Stephen Waugh time.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
What a gun, I've seen him play plenty of times at Yorkshire (must be a gun) and he was always the best batsman playing. I'll miss watching him play.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Nt that he gives a toss. but i have no respect for him after the event at the gabba a few years back,

i got no time for racism on the cricket field

pup11

International Coach
Boof just made a mistake (racist remark) and to completly ignore his on field achievements due to that won't be fair, he was a superb player who could never do justice his true potential as an international player, and due to that at the end of the day he would be only remembered as a great domestic player but as an average international player.
Finished his OD career with a gunnish innings knock against the Warriors and it truly a classy knock to bid goodbye to the game.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, think Sameer (^^^) has hit the nail on the head - it's difficult to respect Lehmann personally after the racistgate instance of 2002\03. Thing is, hardly anyone would do that anyway, because none of us know him. I respect him hugely as a batsman (and to a lesser extent bowler and captain), and that's it.

pup11

International Coach
TBH, think Sameer (^^^) has hit the nail on the head - it's difficult to respect Lehmann personally after the racistgate instance of 2002\03. Thing is, hardly anyone would do that anyway, because none of us know him. I respect him hugely as a batsman (and to a lesser extent bowler and captain), and that's it.
Mate i too respect you for remembering names of every poster (even dire rookie posters like me) on this forum, no matter what anybody says you are truly a dedicated legend on this forum. :thumbsup:

Last edited: