• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Legend Barry Richards is two faced

kingkallis

International Coach
A relative of mine lives in South Africa and he told my dad how legends like Barry Richards was fully in favor of apartheid and how he disliked blacks or colored players. When my dad shared the same I was like - errmmm maybe your cousin is biased.

Couple of days ago I noticed a stupid comment from him on somebody's post and today Barry posted this on Alan Mullally's post. I am really surprised to see how stupid he is to post such things on social media!

watson

Banned
Yeah, Barry is a bit naive. The reason that the 'countries on the borders' aren't helping out is that they are the ones generally doing the killing, sponsoring the killing, or killing by proxy. He should keep up with geopolitics.

the big bambino

International Captain
Can't disagree with anyone anymore without accusing them of being 2 faced. Wonder why people think being holier then thou makes them more moral.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
TBF it's more of an ill advised and facetious comment than a racist one.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TBF it's more of an ill advised and facetious comment than a racist one.
Barry Richards is no racist, but he is 70 and like all of us a product of his generation - hands up anyone who has a grandparent who hasn't on occasion made a comment in good faith that you find cringeworthy

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
My grandad (age 94) often states his wish that the US Air Force exterminate by nuclear attack all the non-white races of the world before they outbreed us.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Bit of a leap to racist. Dick move, sure
Actually thinking about this a bit more, it may not be racist per se, but incredibly outdated or misguided in some way in that refugees must look disheveled and like they're obviously poor. Like a crazy ****ed up war couldn't displace people who are 'well dressed'.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually thinking about this a bit more, it may not be racist per se, but incredibly outdated or misguided in some way in that refugees must look disheveled and like they're obviously poor. Like a crazy ****ed up war couldn't displace people who are 'well dressed'.
Nope. He is old. This is a weird thread tbh.

Marius

International Debutant
A relative of mine lives in South Africa and he told my dad how legends like Barry Richards was fully in favor of apartheid and how he disliked blacks or colored players. When my dad shared the same I was like - errmmm maybe your cousin is biased.

Couple of days ago I noticed a stupid comment from him on somebody's post and today Barry posted this on Alan Mullally's post. I am really surprised to see how stupid he is to post such things on social media!
I'm wondering how you know this actually.

Did you do a survey of their views? Do you know how they voted? Did you seem them personally wearing white hoods or assaulting black people?

kingkallis

International Coach
I'm wondering how you know this actually.

Did you do a survey of their views? Do you know how they voted? Did you seem them personally wearing white hoods or assaulting black people?
:wallbash:

Some of our relatives shifted to South Africa in 30s and 40s. What I have shared was shared by them to my dad. I had explained it in the first line itself.

Marius

International Debutant
:wallbash:

Some of our relatives shifted to South Africa in 30s and 40s. What I have shared was shared by them to my dad. I had explained it in the first line itself.
OK, because you have family who moved to SA in the 1930s and 1940s means you know the political attitudes of Barry Richards et al.?

Very interesting.

Did your family know Richards personally? Do they know for certain he was a member of the Broederbond? When exactly did Richards join the National Party?