• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Left vs Right

Manju

Cricket Spectator
Does the lack of left handed batsman, left handed seemers cost India so much in T20 ? Left/Right combination or Best batsmen - Which is the must needed one?

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
More than anything, it is crap bowling which cost us here, and it is so obvious.

Chahal is pretty useless when he is bowling dross, as he doesn't have any other skill to rely on. A one trick pony. Bishnoi is an upgrade over him in every aspect and he isn't the first choice for some inexplicable reason.

Umesh has never been a good t20 bowler and has been a spray gun for 10+ years now. T20 is the last format he should be picked. Not that I would have him in ODIs either. Just tests, and that too when the main guys are not available. And stop picking similar spray guns like Avesh.

We shouldn't be picking spinners who just flight the ball right into the hitting arc of the batsmen. It is such a recipe for disaster. Modern T20 batsmen just drool over this kind of bowling. Perhaps the bowling of Axar gives a cue. Bowls flatter with good accuracy, and cuts down the length when the batsman is charging at him. Every good team has bowlers like this. Santner for instance.

So it is not about left vs right. Having said this, if two guys are of similar quality and pretty good in their skillset, I would pick the one with a bit of variety.

Manju

Cricket Spectator
More than anything, it is crap bowling which cost us here, and it is so obvious.

Chahal is pretty useless when he is bowling dross, as he doesn't have any other skill to rely on. A one trick pony. Bishnoi is an upgrade over him in every aspect and he isn't the first choice for some inexplicable reason.

Umesh has never been a good t20 bowler and has been a spray gun for 10+ years now. T20 is the last format he should be picked. Not that I would have him in ODIs either. Just tests, and that too when the main guys are not available. And stop picking similar spray guns like Avesh.

We shouldn't be picking spinners who just flight the ball right into the hitting arc of the batsmen. It is such a recipe for disaster. Modern T20 batsmen just drool over this kind of bowling. Perhaps the bowling of Axar gives a cue. Bowls flatter with good accuracy, and cuts down the length when the batsman is charging at him. Every good team has bowlers like this. Santner for instance.

So it is not about left vs right. Having said this, if two guys are of similar quality and pretty good in their skillset, I would pick the one with a bit of variety.
Agree with u in most of the points bro. Do u think the inclusion of Bumrah wil make any difference ? Will it make the bowling squad stronger?

Socerer 01

Agree with u in most of the points bro. Do u think the inclusion of Bumrah wil make any difference ? Will it make the bowling squad stronger?
Will the inclusion of the best Indian Pacer make the bowling squad stronger? Will it make any difference?

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

h_hurricane

Well, it is obvious isn't it ? He keeps the runs down, picks wickets and with the pressure created even helps the bowlers at the other end. Him and Bhuvi should be our automatic picks. Bhuvi has been sub par for a few games now, except the Afghanistan match. One can expect him to make amends though.

Bumrah wouldn't (and shouldn't) be playing all T20s though. We need another solid quick bowler as a backup.

smash84

The Tiger King
Bumrah's return should make the side a lot more competitive for sure. With Kohli back in form and Rohit coming into his own can make India a formidable side for the World Cup.

Manju

Cricket Spectator
Well, it is obvious isn't it ? He keeps the runs down, picks wickets and with the pressure created even helps the bowlers at the other end. Him and Bhuvi should be our automatic picks. Bhuvi has been sub par for a few games now, except the Afghanistan match. One can expect him to make amends though.

Bumrah wouldn't (and shouldn't) be playing all T20s though. We need another solid quick bowler as a backup.
Exactly bro, just Bumrah alone cannot make the difference. He needs some assistance from another pacer two. Pacer formula always works well as pairs

But my botheration is Bumrah should not be out of touch due to this long gap

h_hurricane

Exactly bro, just Bumrah alone cannot make the difference. He needs some assistance from another pacer two. Pacer formula always works well as pairs

But my botheration is Bumrah should not be out of touch due to this long gap
Yeah, agree with that. Bumrah rested far too much for my liking. Hopefully he is back in full flow now.