• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Laxman aiming for Lara's record !

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Laxman is underrated if anything! He is great to watch. 400? I'd have to agree he probably bats too low, and isn't going to be moving up the order anytime soon.

Waughney

International Debutant
blackcapsrule said:
Yes I know that.
Then why were you talking about him probably not wanting to get 400 against Zimbabwe, when the thread is about Laxman's goals for this season?

Deja moo

International Captain
A batting order reshuffle could yet happen.

Remember that even though VVS bats at 5 , his 281 came when he walked in at number 3 . For that one innings , Dravid and Laxman had swapped positions .....and the rest is history.

IMO , if he is serious about the 400 , he could open ( is he hinting towards that ?) and that would happily accomodate Yuvraj at 5 or 6 .

masterblaster

International Captain
I don't really think Laxman and Opening are a winning combination.

S Rajesh's Numbers Game on CricInfo says that Laxman averaged 28 odd while opening and 54 odd while in the middle order.

biased indian

International Coach
orangepitch said:
A batting order reshuffle could yet happen.

Remember that even though VVS bats at 5 , his 281 came when he walked in at number 3 . For that one innings , Dravid and Laxman had swapped positions .....and the rest is history.

IMO , if he is serious about the 400 , he could open ( is he hinting towards that ?) and that would happily accomodate Yuvraj at 5 or 6 .
that does not sound as a good idea

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Do any of you guys really think Laxman has it in him to get to 400? IMO he's probably the most stylish and elegant batter I have ever seen but I think 400 will be out of his reach. This is not just because he bats lower down. I just don't think he's got that good of a technique in batting.

Deja moo

International Captain
All right Laxman, time to put your bat where your mouth was ( or something like that )..

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone who can score 300 is very, very good, but one who scoers 400 is just plain lucky. That isn't a record worth aiming for at the expense of the team's cause. Even 200 or 250 can get the job done.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fairly obviously the higher the mark gets, the less likely it is to be broken - ever.
Because scoring 401* will almost invariably be disallowed, due to being a disadvantage to the team.
Nonetheless, I can think of plenty less likely than Laxman to score 401 or more if given the chance.