• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last Man Standing: Ashes 2009

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yep, as if there was any doubt. Of course I asked yesterday:

Will Jimmy Anderson's run tally reach double figures?

& Burnley's Bradman duly obliged, going strong on 15* as I type. Three more tumble:

Fallers:

Uppercut: No
jondavluc: No
Steulen: No

Standing:

Brumby: Yes
Adam: Yes
S Chanderpaul: Yes
candy: Yes
pasag: Yes

Will post tomorrow's question short after COP tonight.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ok, not the question I hoped to be posing, but such is life:

Will Simon Katich be the next batsman to be dismissed?

Going to stick with yes as it's served me well so far.

pskov

International 12th Man
After todays play I'd be inclined to say that the next batsman to be dismissed will be either Strauss or Cook.

ripper868

International Coach
Hey brumbles, this is only a suggestion and in no way a dig at how the battle is running, but with all other LMS there are multiple options which can result in multiple knockouts quite quickly.

My suggestion is that you pose two questions, and those who get both questions right progress and those who don't, well, don't, becasue otherwise it's a 50/50 split all the time and will take some time to dwindle the field down.

E.g.
1. Will katich be the the next batsman dismissed?
2. Will Australia be leading at Tea on day 3?

again mate, only a suggestion. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hey brumbles, this is only a suggestion and in no way a dig at how the battle is running, but with all other LMS there are multiple options which can result in multiple knockouts quite quickly.

My suggestion is that you pose two questions, and those who get both questions right progress and those who don't, well, don't, becasue otherwise it's a 50/50 split all the time and will take some time to dwindle the field down.

E.g.
1. Will katich be the the next batsman dismissed?
2. Will Australia be leading at Tea on day 3?

again mate, only a suggestion. :)
It's a possibility, yeah. I'm aiming for about one running per test tho and we've been whittled down from 40+ to 5 in only 2 rounds. See how many are left after today.

Reminders to Adam, S Chanderpaul and saggers, btw. :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a possibility, yeah. I'm aiming for about one running per test tho and we've been whittled down from 40+ to 5 in only 2 rounds. See how many are left after today.

Reminders to Adam, S Chanderpaul and saggers, btw. :)
Last two times I tried to post in this thread my Shift keys stopped working and my computer crashed. Fingers crossed.

Yes.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, there it is. Jimmeh pings the Katman in front to double the number of crim wickets to fall.

Will Simon Katich be the next batsman to be dismissed?

Fall of wickets:1-60 (Hughes, 14.6 ov), 2-299 (Katich, 84.6 ov)

Fallers:

S Chanderpaul: No
candy: No
pasag: No

Standing:

Brumby: Yes
Adam: Yes

Will post next question at COP. :)