• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last Man Standing: Ashes 2009

stumpski

International Captain
Yes, the new ball often accelerates the scoring rate doesn't it.

24 wanted from 39 balls.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yes, the new ball often accelerates the scoring rate doesn't it.

24 wanted from 39 balls.
Have to keep reminding myself that it's not a proper run chase. Was thinking, "They've done the hard work now, surely they'll do it from here?". :ph34r:

stumpski

International Captain
Worth going out to see the last half hour, not to mention Ponting's expression. Will all be for nowt if we lose a late wicket though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Damn you Broad you girl.

You were supposed to stonewall those 3 deliveries then let Jimmy do his thing. :ranting:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well there it is, stumps at the close of the opening stanza. If you recall, I asked:

Will 330 runs be scored on day one?

- The answer, of course, is a yes, with England's stout yeomen managing 336/7. :)

Fair to say this caught one or two of you off guard.

Fallers:

PF: No
JonnyB: No
four_or_six: No
PC: No
SKD: No
marcuss: No
chalky: No
pskov: No
JJ: No
stumps: No
grecian : No
Manee: No
fertang: No
GIMH: No
inbox: No
Shoggz: No
Burgey: No
Clapo: Nup
Noble One: No
marc: No
GingerFurball: No
CDM: No
zaremba: No
Pickup: No
Jakester: No
James_W: No
Pothas: No
HDS: No
Sanz: No
Simon: No
NUFAN: No
SoC: No
cpnend: No
Postmanpat: No
Somerset: No
Redbacks: No
BI: No

Standing:

Brumby: Yes
Adam: Yes
S Chanderpaul: Yes
Uppercut: Yes
candy: Yes
jondavluc: Yes
Steulen: Yes
pasag: Yes

So tomorrow's question for the eight of us who remain is this:

Will Jimmy Anderson's run tally reach double figures?

I'm going to stay positive and say yes again.

pskov

International 12th Man
Thought a no was a dead cert considering everyone was forecasting a bit of rain during the day. Stupid weathermen.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Reckon the umpires were in on it calling two relatively marginal wides in the last few overs.

At tea I thought no was the right answer, Prior's innings and extras were the key.

ripper868

International Coach
Gah, would've loved to have seen this yesterday, brumbles, could you drop me a message in porfile when the next round kicks off, and if that happens to be the weekend, i'll go along with whatever your answer is...then again, if it's the weekend the test will be over by the next time i get on...:huh::unsure:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gah, would've loved to have seen this yesterday, brumbles, could you drop me a message in porfile when the next round kicks off, and if that happens to be the weekend, i'll go along with whatever your answer is...then again, if it's the weekend the test will be over by the next time i get on...:huh::unsure:
Will try to remember, aye. :)

Friendly reminders to Saggers & UC who're still to tip for day two; under half an hour to so do now.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cheers for the heads up. I'm going for no. I think he'll be cleaned up early on.