• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last Man Standing: 2013 AFL Season

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If you miss the goal, but the ball still ends up between the outer sticks, you get 1 point. That 1 point is also called a 'behind'.

Kicking the ball between the two tall goal posts is a 'goal'. That is 6 points.

Kicking the ball between the small post and the taller posts is called a 'behind', and is 1 point.

pasag

RTDAS
Round 11

Essendon vs West Coast
Hawthorn vs Sydney
Carlton vs Port Adelaide
Brisbane vs Western Bulldogs
Adelaide vs Geelong
St. Kilda vs Kangaroos
Fremantle vs Richmond
Melbourne vs Collingwood

Still Standing
BoyBrumby (WC)
Neil Pickup (Coll)
ash chaulk (Coll)
HeathDavisSpeed (Haw)
dontcloseyoureyes (Geelong)
Hoggy31(Geelong)

(Can't vote for the team in brackets)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I will plump for Port Adelaide as the Port in the name reminds me of the Falklands War celebrating CPC 464 game, Assault on Port Stanley. Very evocative.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's an incredibly tough round for mine. No 'gimme' match at all. You can argue Freo over Richmond, which is fair enough, but we always match them when we play them at Subi. But Freo need a win there so should get up.

Fiery

Banned
I think I need to watch some of this stuff. Do any Kiwis know if it ever gets featured on Sky Sports?
Yeah they quite often play live AFL games on Sky in NZ. Just had a look and there is an hourly highlights package from 10:30 pm Tuesdays or 5:55 pm Wednesday . I've never given it much of a chance but used to watch the grand final.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Yeah they quite often play live AFL games on Sky in NZ and there is an hourly highlights package from 10:30 pm Tuesdays. I've never given it much of a chance but used to watch the grand final.
Does Kabbadi ever get shown on Sky? When I was over in the UK about 10 years ago, they used to show it on Channel 4 (off topic, I know, but related to my previous question)

Anyway, in case anyone is in any doubt, I do not have a clue what I'm doing still in this compo.

pasag

RTDAS
That's an incredibly tough round for mine. No 'gimme' match at all. You can argue Freo over Richmond, which is fair enough, but we always match them when we play them at Subi. But Freo need a win there so should get up.
Yeah WC and anyone playing Carlton are the only 'certainties' for mine this round.

HeathDavisSpeed

Yeah they quite often play live AFL games on Sky in NZ. Just had a look and there is an hourly highlights package from 10:30 pm Tuesdays or 5:55 pm Wednesday . I've never given it much of a chance but used to watch the grand final.
Watching Hawthorn vs Sydney live at the moment. I can't make much sense from the 30 seconds I've seen so far.

Their outfits are very retro aren't they. They all look like a bunch of 80s throwback hicks.

pasag

RTDAS
Borcich, Brumby and Smith are out.

Chaulk is through and if Carlton get up tonight (please!) and Pickup doesn't visit this thread before tomorrow, he'll be the inaugural winner.