• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Langeveldt's Cricket 2005 review

Langeveldt

Soutie
I got the full version at 8.30 am as soon as the stores opened here on Friday.. I've hardly stopped playing since..

Graphically beautiful, easy to use if you know C2004, but with more intelligent AI, more choice of players/deliveries, far less bugs (only commentary and the odd fielding bug)

Absolutely awesome and has exceeded my admittedly low expectations.. You've taken your time EA!

And I have to say that it completely owns BLIC from what I saw of the demo, which looked cartooney and didnt play particularly nicely either.. Although i'll probably get it because its still better than C2004..

More comprehensive review when I'm not so tired

Blaze

Banned
After reading both on this and two other forums you are the only person i know who believes Cricket 05 to be a better game than BLIC

dinu23

International Debutant
what resolution did u play it, Langeveldt? did u apply full details? If so what is ur system? because i don't think I can play it on my current system with full details. hope to by one soon.

12th Man

U19 12th Man
i've played the BLIC demo, i know it's not the full game, but i thought cricket 2005 was better. on BLIC, the batting (not to spinners) is easy.

the players look more realistic on C2005 as do the kits.

also you have to play shots much much later on BLIC, has anyone noticed that

Langeveldt

Soutie
Blaze said:
After reading both on this and two other forums you are the only person i know who believes Cricket 05 to be a better game than BLIC
Maybe thats what you would like to believe.. I get the feeling quite a few people are being surprised on Planetcricket..Or will be when BLIC comes out.. Harmison bowling at 47mph halfway down the track seems like a bigger bug than EA could ever come up with.. I'd be very worried if I'd pre-ordered it.. I'll probably get the final version eventually...

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
dinu23 said:
what resolution did u play it, Langeveldt? did u apply full details? If so what is ur system? because i don't think I can play it on my current system with full details. hope to by one soon.
I'm running with medium detail on 1260x1028 with AA at 2X... It looks amazing!

I have an ATI Radeon 9600PRO card and AMD Athlon 1.7Ghz processor..

Langeveldt

Soutie
v800 said:
Hey Langeveldt does cricket 2005 have stat tracking
Yes, comprehensive stat tracking, divided into Test, List A and FC, averages, team performances, partnerships.. you name it..

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Maybe thats what you would like to believe.. I get the feeling quite a few people are being surprised on Planetcricket..Or will be when BLIC comes out.. Harmison bowling at 47mph halfway down the track seems like a bigger bug than EA could ever come up with.. I'd be very worried if I'd pre-ordered it.. I'll probably get the final version eventually...
No maybe you could have the teams changing half way through the match, or 7 run outs in a computer innings.

Blaze

Banned
Langeveldt said:

I don't mind which game ends up being better. TBH I actually think they are both going to be terrible. EA's seems very poor to play just off the demo and BLIC is too arcadey.

dinu23

International Debutant
Blaze said:
I don't mind which game ends up being better. TBH I actually think they are both going to be terrible. EA's seems very poor to play just off the demo and BLIC is too arcadey.
well, they're the best we've got.

Blaze

Banned
dinu23 said:
well, they're the best we've got.
True.. but I was expecting Codemasters attempt to be a little better. As for EA the graphics are always awesome but I am not going to get fooled into buying it, particualy after playing the demo, I bet that bowling is boring and the novelty of batting will wear off.