• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Langeveldt's Cricket 2005 review

Blaze

Banned
SirBloody Idiot said:
Well, at least Shane Bond isn't useless in it...

:p :p :p

Haha true. That's one thing they got right :p

All the stuff surrounding the game is great but once you actually get into the game the gameplay simply isn't good enough to keep me interested

Shoaib

Banned
Wilco said:
All I can say about C2005. Boring, repetetive, frustrating and a few other words which I probably shouldn't say.
I think this is brief but comrehensive and probably the best review of Cricket 2005.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Langeveldt said:
I think the one way to sum it up is a visually impressive game, if you want to play enthralling test matches, get it, and buy BLIC if you are an ODI junkie..
Cricket 2005 it is then. :cool:

Shoaib

Banned
sledger said:
but is it really worth getting if you have C2004?
I think yes.It is lot better than Cricket 2004 coz they have improved the graphics and gameplay but its still heap of s**t because there r loads of bugs just as in C2002 and C2004.EA SPORTS had no plans of releasing Cricket 2005 this year,but when they came to know about BLIC 2005,they developed and released it in hurry just to deprive codemasters of the profit they would've got if there wasn't gonna be any Cricket 2005.
Brian Lara International Cricket is gonna be 100 times better than Cricket 2005.

Last edited:

scritty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Shoaib said:
I think yes.It is lot better than Cricket 2004 coz they have improved the graphics and gameplay but its still heap of s**t because there r loads of bugs just as in C2002 and C2004.EA SPORTS had no plans of releasing Cricket 2005 this year,but when they came to know about BLIC 2005,they developed and released it in hurry just to deprive codemasters of the profit they would've got if there wasn't gonna be any Cricket 2005.
Brian Lara International Cricket is gonna be 100 times better than Cricket 2005.
I agree, had EAC2005 for a couple of days before trading it in (never done that with a cricket game before) absolute rubbish.

I can't understand why people say the graphics are better. Sure stood still the volours are a 'bit' better, but in motion, EAC2005 sucks BIG time. Fielders sliding after the ball, only 3 shots that actually are worth playing. Bowling bugs (in swinger start VERY wider of off hoping to pass swing in and pass inches wide of off.. whatever level you play at thet'll get you a wicket every ten balls (minimum)

Had Zimbabwe THRASH Australia on hard level within 3 hours of owning game (and I'm not that good at arcade games normally) Zimbabwe going at 10-15 runs an over till I get bored (after about 15 overs) then put Oz in - bowl them out inside 15 overs for 30 odd, bat again for 5 overs ('cause I was bored of bowling) add about 70, declare, then bowl Oz out again for 20 odd (on a pitch that looks really worn 20 MINUTES AFTER LUNCH ON THE FIRST DAY OF A TEST) Game over

Never totally demolished a game so quickly (1/2 a day)

That's what I call a total complete and utter waste of time and money. (Oh only scored with slog on drive or slog off drive coupled with occasional cover drive....nothing else gets you any runs, but these shots can get you 3 or 4 boundaries an over of Glenn McGrath without breaking a sweat)

LIke i said absolute unsavable tripe.

Clarker

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
cant make up my mind as to get it or not......the reviews i have heard are very mixed, but i have been told that with patience the game gets better....which i believe to be encouraging.

King_Ponting

International Regular
sledger said:
cant make up my mind as to get it or not......the reviews i have heard are very mixed, but i have been told that with patience the game gets better....which i believe to be encouraging.
Just grab BLIC and u'll be right. Im extremely dissapointed with Cricket 2005 and i have bought nearly every cricket game since Cric 97 ATE!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hmmm stll cant make my mind up lol, the opinions i have heard are very mixed and im not all that keen on BLIC, iv seen it being played and it looked really arcady, and thats not a good thing.

jacobfelix

Cricket Spectator
Hey..somebody help me on this...Started playing EA Cricket 2005 from yesterday (Medium Level)...while batting, the Ball cursor appears late on screen...ok..quite realistic..but then to my disgust I found out we cant move the batsman:-O ....so i am not able to play some shots ( because the batsman doesnt get enough room )....What is the solution?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
are you using ps2 or pc ? i think if you are on the ps2 then the batsman can be moved by using the R1, R2, L1, L2 shoulder buttons, not sure if i have remembered that right and cant check as i have just sold my copy on amazon but i think thats how its done.