• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Langeveldt's Cricket 2005 review

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I bet that bowling is boring and the novelty of batting will wear off.
Like any cricket 'game' the only time when its not is when your actually out there playing the game on a saturday morning..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I just bought it and had a try last night.

Think I'll need some time in the nets before playing a game :D

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
More than just hard.
I definately find batting a bit over the top.

Although thats good I guess - I had mastered Cricket 2004 in a month or two.

Strangely enough though, when I go into the nets, I middle them all and play beautifully....

Im the Cricket 2005 version of Kamral Akmal...

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I've got it, and frankly, I'm enjoying bowling moreso than batting, most probably because I can't bat.

Batting with a keyboard is so hard.

Ispep

Cricket Spectator
Batting is easier, spend a little time practicing - it's all about timing for each shot. The practice nets are where you spend at least half an hour, set the bounce settings for one particular shot and focus on getting that correct with just one direction and one shot type at a time.

DJellett

International Debutant
v800 said:
Hey Langeveldt does cricket 2005 have stat tracking
Indded it does dude.

I find the layout very similar to the FIFA games (for those of you who know them) which suits me fine. I recommened as well

DJellett

International Debutant
DJellett said:
Indded it does dude.

I find the layout very similar to the FIFA games (for those of you who know them) which suits me fine. I recommened as well
***based on PS2 version

Hoggy31

International Captain
SirBloody Idiot said:
I've got it, and frankly, I'm enjoying bowling moreso than batting, most probably because I can't bat.

Batting with a keyboard is so hard.
I know how u feel

Wilco

Cricket Spectator
I've had it now for a week or so and all I can say is does anybody want to buy a cheap version of Cricket 2005 cause I'm selling mine.

Such a waste of money. Quick things that annoy me about it

Almost impossible to pierce the field along the ground, the panther like speed of the fielders is quite amazing. To score any runs repetetive slog shots need to be played. Or the stupid computer AI needs to leave a gap in the field that you can hit through time and time again, mid on seems the best for me. Or a nice tuck of the hips for a shortish delivery. The wagon wheel for a hundred ends up being one solid line leading to the same point in the field. Computer bowlers almost never bowl wide enough to square drive, even international bowlers bowl the odd wide half voley.

Getting stumped when you don't even advance down the crease. Getting run out when your bat and front foot are over the line but are miraculously suspended in the air. How hard would it be to make the bat slide along the ground when you send someone back after calling for a single.

Whenever you play a cover drive or a straight drive the ball almost always goes to exactly the same spot. And if you play an on or off drive sometimes the bowler gets halfway through his followthrough and somehow pulls up without tearing every hamstring or back muscle he ever had and supermans it to wear the ball was hit. There were a few other faults that I have noticed but I will be here all day if I want to list them all. Plus even talking about it is making me frustrated.

All I can say about C2005. Boring, repetetive, frustrating and a few other words which I probably shouldn't say. :@ :@ :@ :@

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well after two weeks of gameplay, I've come up with a more comprehensive review Which can be found here.

I think the one way to sum it up is a visually impressive game, if you want to play enthralling test matches, get it, and buy BLIC if you are an ODI junkie..