• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Langer's pre-ashes dossier in the Telegraph

pskov

International 12th Man
I think anyone describing Broad as a ***** is judging him on appearance and nothing else. He's not intimidated by anyone really, and he generally bowls worse in his earlier spells I find so hardly lets his head drop if he does get hit around the park.
Agree with this, one of the key reasons the England set up like him so much and have tolerated him being mediocre for so long is that by all accounts he is mentally very tough and determined. They think that he has the right attitude and approach to be a top test player and are willing (rightly or wrongly) to keep him in the team whilst waiting for his technical skills to catch up.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have it on very poor authority that a similar dossier was sent to Andrew Strauss by Tresco based on what JL told him about the Aussies and that what JL is really ****ting himself about is the prospect of the fallout from someone spilling the jellybeans on that

Matt79

Global Moderator
Would love to know who the source of the 05 dossier re the Aussies was, and what it said. And what Buchanan said to Flower et al ahead of this series.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think anyone describing Broad as a ***** is judging him on appearance and nothing else. He's not intimidated by anyone really, and he generally bowls worse in his earlier spells I find so hardly lets his head drop if he does get hit around the park.
I think if it was someone outside cricketing circles (like a fan) then that might be true. Would imagine Langer is basing it on having played against him though.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Would love to know who the source of the 05 dossier re the Aussies was, and what it said.
This for sure. Surprised its not been talked about more. Seems like someone really stitched the Aussies up to Vaughan for that series. Even telling him the cliques at dinnertime? too much information surely! :mellow: