• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lancashire in need of a new manager!

Graham

3rd Umpire
Guys - I'll post my team for this week's game and then hand over the reins to somebody else before the business end of the season starts.
My heart is no longer in WCC, so it's not fair to continue.
Thanks Blewy, Simon, Bugs and all other managers I've had dealings with. WCC is a fantastic thing and it has been a pleasure to be involved.
You'll still see me around on the ICC forum with my stories and on the TCM Revolution forum with my Crystal Palace story.
Thanks for everything and all the best to whoever takes over Lancashire!

Graham.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wow theres a shock! sorry to see you go youve been a great manager for over 3 years and have been a great help to blewy and myself.

added to that this position is now open to current managers, please email your application to for this high profile club to glendad01@optusnet.com.au and ill get back to you ASAP. An academy manager will be given a side for the start of 4d round 8.

Cloete

International Captain
Shocked to see you go Graham! Particularly considering how well Lancs have done this season. You've been a great manager, and I can't forget both of the 4D Div 1 and Div 2 and battles.

Best of luck for the future mate!

P.S: Can you forfeit this week's game? :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sad to see you go mate. However a wise decision if your heart not in it, and you have given the new manager plenty of time to get their team in order for next season.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
A great servant of WCC, and a shame to see you go.

indeed i must also say that im shocked to see you leaving. all the best for whatever you spend your time on :)

WCC is a lesser place without you :(

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
:O

Well i didn't see this coming...

Graham, i will say on behalf of myself and everyone in WCC a HUGE thankyou...

In 3 years i can not recall you missing 1 deadline.. You have been a very big part of WCC from the outset and we will have a tough job finding someone who is half as reliable as you have been....

You were a very big help on the board for the good part of 2 years and have helped develop what WCC is today...

Thankyou for your time and efforts and i hope you pop in now and again to keep an eye on your boys...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Blewy said:
:O

In 3 years i can not recall you missing 1 deadline.. You have been a very big part of WCC from the outset and we will have a tough job finding someone who is half as reliable as you have been....

You were a very big help on the board for the good part of 2 years and have helped develop what WCC is today...

Thankyou for your time and efforts and i hope you pop in now and again to keep an eye on your boys...
*echo*

Nice competing with you, Graham - I have a feeling you've beaten my boys, whether they were Karnataka or SA, quite a disproportionate amount of times. Good luck against Karna on Friday!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
sorry to see ya go mate, been an absolute pleasure fighting in div 1 all these seasons and hope you keep coming in and saying hi, and we will no doubt keep ya informed...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator

Similar thoughts.. its not even April so it cant be a joke then :p.. But Graham you have been here for a very long time .. through the best of times and the worst.. and you've stuck it out right through and taken Lancashire to great heights without doubt.
Bein a fellow English Club manager.. the fact that your leaving is sad nonetheless.. but strong hopes that whoever replaces you will keep the strong ethics you have layed down with the club.. .

Simon

Superkingdave (Dave Richards) will be taking the Lancashire job, which means an academy manager will take over at Chittagong, i havent decided which person will get the job yet...

Graham

3rd Umpire
First of all, thanks to you all for your kind words and best wishes. :D

Secondly, I will be popping in to see how things are progressing.

Lastly good luck to Dave with Lancashire. Don't you miss any deadlines boy! 8-)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Looking forward to this new challenge at this great club, a great ambition of mine to manage this legendary club and i hope can be half the manager Graham has been over the seasons.

Sad to leave Chittagong but the opportunity was too good to miss

Simon

ill sort u out with all the info in the next couple of days dave...