• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

KW vs. ABDV, 2016 and beyond

KW vs. ABDV in 2016 and beyond

• Total voters

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, Jayasuriya was only ripping off Srikkanth and Greatbatch to be honest. Its just that he did it better. And if you say Miandad, I think Zaheer Abbas, Denis Randall and the likes were also supposed to be the pioneers of batting through the middle overs and quick running between the wickets? Well, maybe not Abbas but I guess there were other players. Heck, in my early days of watching cricket, I thought Allan Border (the other AB) was the best at it. So don't really see the point of having them there. If anything, I think amongst the new generation, Faulkner might be able to replace Klusener in that list. Guy was scary good as a finisher before this recent break.

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
I thought the list had to be greatest batsmen to go along with revolutionizing the position..Sreekanth and Greatbatch are not greats..More of one hit wonders. Miandad no argument there, he has to be there, Hussey, AB , Zaheer are all great players but Miandad is a great great ODI player...Miandad was a pioneer when it came to taking quick singles, running between the wickets harder and pacing an one day innings according to the situation which people like Bevan,Dhoni, Hussey later came to be known for..Miandad a must in any one day 11..

Last edited: