• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kusal Perera tests positive for banned substance, out of NZ tour

cnerd123

likes this
Apparently this is rigged because he named two staff as being involved in match fixing?
Yea I read that.

Would be so ridiculous. I dont even think the WADA is going to investigate this. It's left in the hands of the SLCB, and they're not exactly competent.

**** like this is probably why subcontinental players don't act out against corruption more.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yea I read that.

Would be so ridiculous. I dont even think the WADA is going to investigate this. It's left in the hands of the SLCB, and they're not exactly competent.

**** like this is probably why subcontinental players don't act out against corruption more.
Pretty sure the SL government has stepped in and ordered an investigation.

...it sounds a little farfetched but let's see.

91Jmay

International Coach
Doesn't sound that far-fetched to me. Pretty well known that Sri Lankan cricket is as badly run as anywhere in the world isn't it?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn't sound that far-fetched to me. Pretty well known that Sri Lankan cricket is as badly run as anywhere in the world isn't it?
A guy has tested positive for PEDs and has **** out some conspiracy theories.

I mean, I'm all for the investigation and all but yeah, it sounds like bull****.

cnerd123

likes this

I mean, I'm all for the investigation and all but yeah, it sounds like bull****.
Its not Perera claiming this tho, its the Sri Lankan sports minister:

Sports minister Dayasiri Jayasekara claims Perera’s food or his urine sample may have been tampered to ‘teach him a lesson’. Jayasekara said a man linked to a bookmaker had offered Perera and star bowler Rangana Herath tens of thousands of dollars to engineer a Sri Lankan batting collapse at a Test in Galle in October, which the hosts went on to win emphatically.
Sri Lankan official claims Kusal Perera failed drug test may be connected to reporting match-fixing - International - Cricket | Sport360

Its a bit of a strange situation. If the Sports minister is to believed, then how and why has this been allowed to happen? If the Sports Minister is making things up, it makes you wonder how professional the people running sports in Sri Lanka are, let alone Cricket in particular. That actually makes Kausal being framed seem more plausible.

wowitspink

Cricket Spectator
**** just got real interesting. Have a feeling now that someone will say it is a conspiracy against perera by BCCI. Lol

91Jmay

International Coach

Yeah, occums razor suggests he took PEDs but stranger things have happened than him being fixed up by a bookmaker. There is almost no money in Sri Lankan cricket for their players would have to imagine the assistant coaches are on absolutely nothing. Them getting bunged to teach a player a lesson isn't that shocking to me.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Its not Perera claiming this tho, its the Sri Lankan sports minister:

Sri Lankan official claims Kusal Perera failed drug test may be connected to reporting match-fixing - International - Cricket | Sport360

Its a bit of a strange situation. If the Sports minister is to believed, then how and why has this been allowed to happen? If the Sports Minister is making things up, it makes you wonder how professional the people running sports in Sri Lanka are, let alone Cricket in particular. That actually makes Kausal being framed seem more plausible.
As far as I'm aware, the sports minister has raised the investigation on the evidence of a journalist who interviewed Perera. I could be wrong. Either that or he's in personal communication with Perera, which sounds dodgy.

Yeah, occums razor suggests he took PEDs but stranger things have happened than him being fixed up by a bookmaker. There is almost no money in Sri Lankan cricket for their players would have to imagine the assistant coaches are on absolutely nothing. Them getting bunged to teach a player a lesson isn't that shocking to me.
yeah I absolutely agree, and I'm all for the investigation. It's just that at the moment, the facts are that he's tested positive for a PED.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
of all people how is rangana herath supposed to start his own team's batting collapse

Athlai

Not Terrible
The SL Sports Minister sounds like a crackpot. Hes the one who started to rage about the Sri Lankan's partying all night on the NZ tour which has been ripped apart since. I wouldn't give any thing he spouts any serious weight at all.