• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kusal Mendis

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Shai Hope is similar. Two elite knocks in one test then mostly trash
There is a fair few similarities, both play for teams that have been mostly struggling, both good batsman to watch asthetically, both frustratingly hot and cold

The difference being Hope has turned into an absolute weapon in ODIs though

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shai Hope is similar. Two elite knocks in one test then mostly trash
Ehhhh....Mendis has scored runs in more than one Tests, he's just still rather rocks and diamonds. I'm tipping him to gun it as he gets older. Hope is awesome at ODI's (if slow) but has done **** all at Tests apart from the Headingley match.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Kusal Mendis 1000 runs in 2018.

Scintillating knock to save the Test at Basin Reserve of 141 and now a 60 odd in the second inns at Christchurch.

I think this is the lucky thread for Kusal Mendis.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
On the day in which 23-year-old Kusal Mendis became the youngest batsman since 2005 to score 1000 Test runs in a calendar year, he revealed he had been eyeing up the milestone for several months.

Only four younger batsmen have ever managed a 1000-plus year, and three of them are giants of the game. Garfield Sobers, Alastair Cook and AB de Villiers had achieved the feat at age 22 or younger, with Graeme Smith - no shabby player himself - also having managed it.

'I am going to try and get 1000 every year' - Mendis - ESPNcricinfo

This is an elite list. Only 4 players have got to 1000 runs in a calendar year, at an age younger than Kusal Mendis.

Gary Sobers
Graeme Smith
AB De Villiers
Alastair Cook

Tom Flint

International Regular
On the day in which 23-year-old Kusal Mendis became the youngest batsman since 2005 to score 1000 Test runs in a calendar year, he revealed he had been eyeing up the milestone for several months.

Only four younger batsmen have ever managed a 1000-plus year, and three of them are giants of the game. Garfield Sobers, Alastair Cook and AB de Villiers had achieved the feat at age 22 or younger, with Graeme Smith - no shabby player himself - also having managed it.

'I am going to try and get 1000 every year' - Mendis - ESPNcricinfo

This is an elite list. Only 4 players have got to 1000 runs in a calendar year, at an age younger than Kusal Mendis.

Gary Sobers
Graeme Smith
AB De Villiers
Alastair Cook
No need for smith to be separated from the other 3 there. He is on par at least with abdv and cook in the games status