• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

KP dropped ; vents anger on twitter

open365

International Vice-Captain
One despairs someone of so little wit was ever captain, however briefly. Really: what was the thought process that lead to this, if I'm not giving it too much credit by describing it as such?
This.

It makes me think a whole lot less of him, both for his reaction, and the astonishing lack of sense to post his reaction on twitter.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Everyone knows Piers Morgan is a stupid piece of ****, I'm not sure why it would come to a surprise to anyone if he wrote a ******** piece in the worst newspaper going.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
the Puffy Faced ****wad in his article said:
Australia would never, ever, treat one of their top players like this.
Clarke, Katich, Hughes, Symonds, Martyn & Gillespie say "Hi, fatty".

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McGrath was dropped? Interested to know (should be very earliy in his career, like Tendulkar)
1994/95 Ashes series no less. Was a bit up-and-down against SA and Pakistan the season prior, was told he needed to develop an outswinger to be a Test bowler. Got bashed around the 'Gabba by an England side which lost heavily, was dropped until the 5th Test in Perth, took a small bag but looked a far better bowler when he just concentrated on hitting the deck, 1995 WI series followed and, well, the rest is history.

McG's biggest strength was probably that he learnt awfully fast. He picked up fairly quickly that the advice of others isn't necessarily the best, sometimes you've just got to stick to what you know you can do well. 'Rules of thumb' are, most of the time, just a guide. As it happened, he just developed a good outswinger in his own time.

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
1994/95 Ashes series no less. Was a bit up-and-down against SA and Pakistan the season prior, was told he needed to develop an outswinger to be a Test bowler. Got bashed around the 'Gabba by an England side which lost heavily, was dropped until the 5th Test in Perth, took a small bag but looked a far better bowler when he just concentrated on hitting the deck, 1995 WI series followed and, well, the rest is history.

McG's biggest strength was probably that he learnt awfully fast. He picked up fairly quickly that the advice of others isn't necessarily the best, sometimes you've just got to stick to what you know you can do well. 'Rules of thumb' are, most of the time, just a guide. As it happened, he just developed a good outswinger in his own time.
Thanks, just like I guessed.

R_D

International Debutant
Add Ponting, Hayden, McGrath and Warne to that list, tbh. Every top Aussie player has been dropped at some stage, FFS.
But were any of these besides Warne dropped once they were considered amongst the best players of the team?

I remember Warne being dropped in favour of Mcgill and Haydos during the 90's when he was crap and Ponting when he was trying to establish himself.

Cheers for refreshing my memory !

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But were any of these besides Warne dropped once they were considered amongst the best players of the team?

I remember Warne being dropped in favour of Mcgill and Haydos during the 90's when he was crap and Ponting when he was trying to establish himself.

Cheers for refreshing my memory !
Yeah it's a good point you make and perhaps that doesn't apply to all of the ones mentioned. But I reckon it definitely does to blokes like Mick Slater as well as Martyn and going back further, Taylor and Dean Jones.

Still, as far as treatment goes, KP's last ODI 50 was almost two years ago. Unless a bloke is a top team man contributing in other ways, no team could afford to carry a player like that. Just looks like he needs a spell, some of his decision-making of late has been.....bizarre.

EDIT: Inb4 someone mentions Healy (don't kid yourselves, his batting had gone).

Last edited: