• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Klusener 1999 vs Shakib 2019.

Klusener 1999 vs Shakib 2019

• Klusener 1999

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Shakib 2019

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Who had the better all-round world cup campaign?

Shakib 606 runs, 8 innings, 2 100, 5 50, average of 86.57 and sr of 96.03. 3rd Leading Runscorer. 11 Wickets in 8 games, econ of 5.39, best of 5/29, 1 5fer, average of 36.27

Klusener 281 runs, 9 innings, 0 100, 2 50, average of 140, sr of 122. 12th leading run-scorer. 17 Wickets in 19 games, econ of 4.61, best of 5/21, 1 5fer, average of 20.58, 4th leading wicket taker.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Yeah, such buzz around Klusener at the time. In all the world cups I have seen, no player had as great an intimidation factor coming out as he did. I think only Buttler comes close in recent years, but Buttler's so mild-mannered compared to Zulu with his compulsive gumchewing, gold chain, and ten-ton bat.

anil1405

International Captain
One of them just burst through Reiffel's fingers.
That was in the previous over. Reiffell turned a four into a six.

Those two crunching fours in last over were something else under that pressure. And Lawry's commentary was gold.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fmd I still don’t reckon I’ve seen two balls hit harder through cover than Klusener’s off Fleming in that 99 semi final. Insane power
The first one was a near yorker too and he squeezed it out with insane power. Actually a very modern way of dealing with the yorker with that wide stance and trying to slice it square rather than straight.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of them just burst through Reiffel's fingers.
I think that was one over long on the previous over. Reiffel tapped it over the bar and it went for six. I remember thinking when it happened “I’ll go the airport and throw rocks at that useless ****”

Mind you if he catches it we are robbed of an ATG finish

edit: beaten