• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

King of the Asian Keeper-Bats

smash84

The Tiger King
what crap, pretty much everybody on here saw his career. Even before he became the proverbial butterfingers he wasn't great at keeping. His reflexes weren't very quick and he was still unreliable. Just that at his worst he became worse than first grade cricketers.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Oh yes, so I guess we discount all of Gilchrist's wickets because he was keeping to one of the best bowling line ups ever. Might as well forget Boucher ever existed and discount every time Bari took a wicket off Nawaz or Imran.
Or instead, we actually watch keepers keep and see how well they do with the chances they're presented? Instead of just statsguru-ing dismissals per match or innings?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've heard stories of keepers in the 80s & early 90s with a pocket full of peanuts, and standing up to the spinners, they would insert a nut in their mouths, and as the ball passes the bat, they would spit it out projectile style at the bails...appealing for clean bowled.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
It is definitely Sanga. We don't discount Imran from ATG all-rounders just because he stopped focusing on one discipline after some time. In the same way, Sanga is head and shoulders above the rest of the Asian keeper-bats.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any takers on who was Sanga's best dismissal behind the stumps?

The stumping of Lara in world cup 2007 tops my list