• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Karachi Team

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
The round just gone i had B Khan in my team, F Khan ended up playing. Blewy i no its only a mistake and didnt really affect the game but can you make double sure you get it right next time cheers :)

Alos i no this cant be helped because of VC4 but R Silva did not bowl even though he is at number 2 with 6 opm. yet Ahmed did bowl and hes put down at number 5 with 4 opm. owell atleast we are still undefeated :)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry mate, my bad...

Its difficult with some teams who have the same surname players..

Ill try and keep a lookout in future...

As for the bowling, just another VC4 inconsistency mate... not much i can do there...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the name Khan has no been banned from entering wcc, theres just too many, as has beasley...

Simon

theres over 500 names in the generator database, the problem is that it likes to spit out the same ones a lot, Beasley, Tully, Jenkins etc...

theres a lot of Khans because its a common name in Pakistan and they are the names of real players... where possible we have tried to use other parts of the players names instead of Khan now...

Simon

Mr. P said:
Couldn't you just add more names to the database?
theres plenty in there anyway, its just that the database picks out the same names a lot...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
kears_falcon_9 said:
The round just gone i had B Khan in my team, F Khan ended up playing. Blewy i no its only a mistake and didnt really affect the game but can you make double sure you get it right next time cheers :)

Alos i no this cant be helped because of VC4 but R Silva did not bowl even though he is at number 2 with 6 opm. yet Ahmed did bowl and hes put down at number 5 with 4 opm. owell atleast we are still undefeated :)
i vote we play the game again. out've fairness :p :p :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
What about us first names as well, or for the Pakistan use their both names on the report, as that what happens in real life, i.e Bizad Khan or something

Simon

vc4 only allows names to be 16 letters long, so theres no point having first names...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
vc4 only allows names to be 16 letters long, so theres no point having first names...
Yeah i know, i remember when i did a VC4 database for international teams, all the Pakistan and Bangla names fit expect Mohammad Ashraful and Rafique and a couple other Mohammads. So i would say most of the other guys would fit as and the ones that don't you can shorten their names.

Simon

we're 6 seasons in, theres really no benefits in adding first names, it would be nice but not worth the hassle...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yeah, I just invent the names anyway.

Still, 500 names with 90 new players each season and players lasting about 12 seasons means that there'll be, on average, two with the same name at any given time...bit too much IMO. I'd volunteer to dig out new ones...

Any chance of losing the Qs and Zs?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jamee999 said:
Gray would be an awesome surname to have :p
well, nothing says wcc champion like 'cameron,' especially 'AA Cameron.' after all, with intials like that, how could go wrong :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
theres over 500 names in the generator database, the problem is that it likes to spit out the same ones a lot, Beasley, Tully, Jenkins etc...

theres a lot of Khans because its a common name in Pakistan and they are the names of real players... where possible we have tried to use other parts of the players names instead of Khan now...
I would be happy if every one of my players had the last name of Jenkins.