• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kaneria (Should he be given a bit prolonged chance in the Pak ODI squad)?

Kaneria for the ODI squad ?

• Total voters

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kaneria needs to stop whinging every time he doesn't get into the ODI squad, it just reflects poorly on his personality.

FRAZ

International Captain
Rehman is the best ODI spinner in Pakistan and so is getting his deserved chance, Kaneria cant even win you a test match on a crumbling pitch.
Rehman is a great bowler plus he has a a good batting style too . For what I saw in the 20/20 competition ,Rehman proved himself to be an outstanding prospect. BUT I also have a valid point and that is that Danish already has enough international exposure plus I guess Danish hasn't played much in the ODI squad plus I guess that his bowling was not so so so so bad as compared to many many other ODI starters.It's not about the fasties or offies or overall the player value ,IMHO Kaneria may bring a good variety to the ODI squad . And also I never meant that Kaneria should be given a license to play in the Odis for like 5-6 years ,I believe that Kaneria should stay with the team tbh and he should be given some good chances to prove his worth .People often take me wrong when bar Saqlain/Murali (exceptional cases) ,I always give preference to a decent leggie to be a part of the international ODI squad . I firmly believe(as far as my playing experience is concerned) ,that in this modern day batsmen dominated ODI cricket a decent leggie is always going to be a problem for the Hammer heads !!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, certainly, he's a better bet than Sami anyday. But so are Shoaib, Asif, Shabbir, Gul, Shahid Naz, and hell, even Rana and Rao.

I've seen Danish in Tests, yeah, and he sometimes looks the most accurate bowler in The World. But IMO he loses patience too easily, and patience is perhaps the single most important quality in a one-day bowler.

FRAZ

International Captain
Oh, certainly, he's a better bet than Sami anyday. But so are Shoaib, Asif, Shabbir, Gul, Shahid Naz, and hell, even Rana and Rao.

I've seen Danish in Tests, yeah, and he sometimes looks the most accurate bowler in The World. But IMO he loses patience too easily, and patience is perhaps the single most important quality in a one-day bowler.
You are right here but my point still stands that let him be tried at some point now . I guess it's worth it !!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thing is, though, the Rehmans and Arshads are deservedly ahead of him at present.

FRAZ

International Captain
Thing is, though, the Rehmans and Arshads are deservedly ahead of him at present.
Arshad's are a long gone stories and as far as Rehman is concerned I am pretty sure that he hasn't got any thing which we can say is way over Kaneria. And as I have mentioned earlier that look at the team , There are a few offies there and Kaneria may become a different variety . And once again I am not saying that Kaneria should be picked up right away for the WC squad ,I think that Kaneria should be given SOME chance and let him be tried for lets say hmmmm a couple of decent series .And Kaneria may not be worse than the usual failures in the team ... Like Imran said that atleast we should keep the decent players with the squad so that they keep on adjusting themselves mentally while being outside the ground ...........

FRAZ

International Captain
Well many people love I******. But anyways spin department is quite vulnerable ,once when the diaper was leaking now it's blasted off and every thing is exposed now .

FRAZ

International Captain
I wonder... what are you trying to write that's keeping-on coming-out I******? :huh:
I am fasting this 'I' name .. Anyways I see no hope for this WC and I am quite depressed and my other favorites Canada have been beaten too and I am shocked .........
Hmmm the laid back attitude makes me suggest that 'I' = ") .So guess who it might be !!!!!!!!!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I have no opinions one way or the other on the matter of Kaneria, but I chose to love Inzamam.

deeps

International 12th Man
I take it one of the spinning allrounders is Mr Afridi - Kaneria can't bat worse than he's done recently! I wonder how many times in the forthcoming SA ODI series Afridi will throw his wicket away by slogging it straight up in the air before he's played himself in - IMO 3 times (at least!)
mmm yeh i know hey 8-)

tooextracool

International Coach
For those who have watched Rehman, why isnt he playing? Ive never seen him bowl, but he has an excellent domestic and international record thus far and Osman Samiuddin seems to rate him yet the likes of Shoaib Malik and Rana Naved make it in ahead of him.