• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kallis XI v. South Africa XI

Dean

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Wasn't last night's benifit match great!?

To see Soutrh African cricket giants like Klusner, Kirsten, Rhodes, and Donald back in action was amazing! It was as if they never left the game!

For those of you who missed the international action, you can visit www.ucb.co.za for all the details...

Butt made 102, Lara made 32 and Klusner nearly got the Kallis Xl home with his 44...

There is not a one day team in the world that would'nt chose Klusner in their line up... Come on selectors, open up your eyes, Zulu still has it.

Klusner: Man of the series in 2007 World Cup!!??

shaka

International Regular
I was shocked and amazed, especially that SA did not realise his potential as a top bowler? He does have an international wicket I believe. :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
Zulu and Kemp could be the thinking man's Pietersen and Flintoff!

Looks like an awesome game, were supersport covering it?

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
Zulu and Kemp could be the thinking man's Pietersen and Flintoff!

Looks like an awesome game, were supersport covering it?
I just saw some highlights. Couldn't find anywhere they showed the whole game. :ranting: But it was great. Zulu is still awesome. :in_love:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Forfeit over then Rich? :D

Like the new avatar - there must be an Australian player that looks like Zippy, they all look like something or other. Ponting is a cross between George Dubya and a chimp, Gilchrist is the FA Cup, Dizzy is a gypsy, Kasper is Mike Delfino from Desperate Housewives, Katich (rather appropriately) like an escaped convict who's always scared of being caught (have you noticed how he always looks around nervously, like he thinks he's being watched?).......there's more, I'm sure.

Or maybe it's just me. :wacko:

Langeveldt

Soutie
KP is on holiday.. I've had to have a rest from staring at him every time I make a post, and about five other ghastly people with him as their avatar.. Meanwhile Zippy is filling in..

*EDIT*
From his cricinfo profile..

"Not only is Zippy a conisseur of fine wines and haute couture, he also has more test runs (5123) and wickets (212) to his name, than both Kevin Pietersen and Ajit Agarkar.. A fine all rounder, he is of course, favourite to take over on Channel 9 once Richie Benaud retires from commentating duties"...

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Second match...

South Africa XI 279/4 (38.5 ovs)

Smith st de Villiers b Salman 79 (59b, 11x4, 2x6)
Nicky Boje (batting at three!!) st de Villiers b Salman 39 (42b, 3x4)
Neil McKenzie c sub b Ngam 61 (63b, 7x4, 1x6)

Zulu 6-0-37-0, AAD 5-0-35-0, Kallis 5-0-29-0, Ngam 3.5-0-34-1, Sami 4-0-43-0.

Sounds flat.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Two wickets to Salman Butt, heh. SA XI heading for something in the region of 380, with Justin Kemp just warming up. If they open with Lara and Klusener, the Kallis XI might have a chance. :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
SA XI heading for something in the region of 380
Close enough, 384/5 with Prince 84* off 61. Interesting 'last' ball:

49.6 Dawson to Prince, wide: no run, well wide of off and called
49.6 Dawson to Prince, wide: no run, and another, this time not even on
the pitch
49.6 Dawson to Prince, one run, wide delivery, smacked to extra cover
for the single

Some rather unsightly bowling figures for the Kallis XI, suffice to say.

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
Why is this meaningless game getting any sort of Cricinfo coverage?
I find "Chilaw Marians v PCA masters XI" more pointless.. Where the hell is Chilaw anyway?

And this seems to have evoked more forum response than the Asia v Africa ODI's.. (remember those?)

Last edited:

greg

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
I find "Chilaw Marians v PCA masters XI" more pointless.. Where the hell is Chilaw anyway?

And this seems to have evoked more forum response than the Asia v Africa ODI's.. (remember those?)
The 2020 wasn't getting the full cricinfo commentary treatment.

Chilaw were the SLankan team weren't they?